HTC U11 is truly a great attempt by the company to regain its lost position in the market. The phone hopes to revive those magical days of HTC by incorporating its unique squeeze feature. More on that, a fabulous camera, extended battery life, dust and water resistance, and superb audio experience. All these points make it a wonderful smartphone. However, alike any other great phone, HTC U11 also has some problems that can be easily sorted out. Let’s have a look at these problems and ways to overcome them.
Problem 1: Windows 10 Unable To Detect the Phone
Some users have complained that Windows 10 is not able to recognize the phone while connecting it through USB. This is a big issue as transferring files won’t be possible. Even the HTC Sync Manager fails to detect the device.
- First, update the USB drivers on your PC, and check that the cable isn’t at fault. HTC also has a detailed checklist available for when the HTC Sync Manager fails to recognize the phone which you can find here.
- If this doesn’t work, the issue seems to occur when the phone is plugged into the USB 3.0 port of the PC for many users. If your computer also has a USB 2.0 port, the device will get recognized if you plug it there.
Problem 2: Microsd Card Issues
Many complained that they got a message stating that their SD card is corrupt. Others also said that they got notification regarding the unmounting of their SD card without performing any such activity.
- On a primary note, this is more related to the software at the backend. A new update is on its way that would provide valuable solution to this issue.
- Another option is to check that card is working fine on another phone. If yes, back up all the data stored on card and mount in again on U11. After getting SD card corrupted notification, do a complete format. Now go the storage settings of the device and choose Safe Eject. Recover all your files on your card and put it back in the device while the device is turned off. The card would get recognized and work properly.
Problem 3: Audio And Video Out Of Sync
In most of the cases, users have reported that improper playback response of videos especially on YouTube or those sent on WhatsApp.
- Though the problem doesn’t reflect any issue with the app itself, it is better to update it properly.
- Another way out is cache partition. Get to find the instructions on how to do so at various places on internet.
Problem 4: Unable to Receive Calls or Messages on Verizon
The unlocked version of the phone that can be bought directly from HTC in the US is found to be compatible with Verizon Wireless, but some users have complained about difficulty in receiving calls, and far more importantly, inability to receive messages.
- For call related problem, SIM is the main culprit. If you’re using your older Verizon SIM with the U11, there may be some compatibility issues. Visit to the nearby Verizon store and get a new SIM card that comes free. Once you swap the SIM, you would be able to make and receive calls.
- On messages part, improper activation of phone on network might be the problem. Make sure to check if the phone is fully activated. Once done, you would be able to receive messages.