If you are using the OnePlus One smartphone and you are not planning to change it, yet you want to taste the Android Nougat, it is possible. Thanks to the Lineage OS team that has brought out the Lineage OS 14.1 official stable build that you can install the Android 7.1.1 on your OnePlus One device. During the lines from below, you can learn the update process.
On the Lineage OS custom ROM is everything that you loved on the CyanogenMod and also some new features, apps, and capabilities. This custom ROM is light, secure, and will ensure a stable and smooth Android experience on your OnePlus One smartphone. Lineage OS custom ROM has been personalized and optimized for the OnePlus One so the Android Nougat software will run without facing any software related problems.
However, installing the Lineage OS is not an official operation and it can’t be related with OnePlus or with Google, so, you are going to tweak your device by completing an unofficial process. If you want to safely and successfully complete the guide from this post, you should take care of the following pre-requisites given below:
- Root your OnePlus One because flashing Lineage OS and it is possible only if the Android core center is unlocked.
- Install a custom recovery image on your OnePlus One smartphone. The Android Nougat file can be installed only through a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP.
- Save the current Android OS that runs on your OnePlus One device by making a Nandroid backup.
- Completely backup your OnePlus One, during the installation of the Lineage OS you will have to make a factory reset and to clear app data cache because you can use the new Android Nougat based custom ROM only if you first clean the internal storage system of your device.
- If you skip the wipe your device might get soft bricked and various malfunctions can be caused like boot loops, bugs, lags, force close errors, heating situations, battery drain, screen freeze, signal strength problems or total blackouts. In order to prevent any file lost, save all your personal data, info, accounts, files, internet settings and IMEI / NVRAM data.
- On your OnePlus One device, activate the Developer Options menu from settings – >about phone by tapping seven times on the Build Number and one the Developer Options is active check the USB Debugging option.
- Charge your phone to avoid that your OnePlus One gets turned off during the update procedure.
How To Install Android Nougat based Lineage OS custom ROM on OnePlus One
2. Power on your OnePlus One device and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
3. Select and copy the above-downloaded files from the computer and paste them on your smartphone.
4. When done unplug the USB cable.
5. Switch off your device and when the shutdown process is completed, reboot into Recovery mode your OnePlus One.
6. From recovery make the wipe to clear everything by selecting ‘wipe data factory reset’, ‘wipe cache partition’ and ‘wipe Dalvik cache’.
7. When the system is cleared you can start the installation process.
8. Select ‘install zip from SD card’ followed by ‘choose zip from SD card’.
9. Load the Nougat package and the Google Apps file.
10. Resume the update process by following the on-screen prompts.
11. When the update process is completed, from the main menu of recovery select ‘Reboot system now’.
12. Now you can test the Android Nougat OS on your own OnePlus One device.