Sony has been launched Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for numerous devices. We will teach you how to manually install Android 4.1.2 official firmware for Xperia S and Xperia SL devices.
This new update is named as 6.2.B.0.211 and comes for improving the customization capability and to bring new features and bug fixes for OS on your Sony Xperia S and SL device. Before applying the process mentioned in the tutorial, some pre-requisites are needed:
- This is an official released firmware.
- The warranty for your device will not get void after this officially firmware is installed.
- This tutorial and all instructions listed here work with Sony Xperia S and Sony Xperia SL devices.
- This guide works for both rooted and no-rooted devices. If you install this officially firmware for a rooted device, the root rights will be revoked, and the warranty will be restored for it.
- A personal PC will be used and the original USB cable for your device.
- Uninstall, or deactivate all the security applications like antivirus and firewall from both PC and Android device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery of your Xperia S or SL device has more than 85% power left before powering off your device, or else the Sony device can get a forced power off on the middle of the flashing procedure.
- Now, from the following path: “Settings -> More -> Development Options -> USB debugging you need to enable the USB debugging option
- Backup all your data stored on the internal device’s memory of Xperia S and SL, before going any further.
- All these instructions and information listed on this article are only for educational and instructional purpose.
How to Update Sony Xperia S and Xperia SL to Latest Official 6.2.B.0.211 JB 4.1.2 Firmware:
- First, download the Official JB 4.1.2 Firmware package from here.
- Second, download the Flash tool app on your computer from here.
- Now, Install Flash tool on PC (run it and follow the prompts).
- Next, open the Flash tool app by clicking on the “thunder” icon.
- Select “Flashmode” and after that select “ok”.
- From the Flash tool app select “…” and browse and pick the .ftf file which is the firmware file that you have downloaded previously.
- Power off your android device.
- Now, press Volume Up button and while pressing these buttons; connect the smartphone to the PC using its original USB cord.
- After the connection is established, the installation process will begin automatically.
- Now, wait until the update process is successfully finished and don’t press anything.
- The device will be automatically rebooted for the first time on the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. This first boot of the Sony Xperia S or SL device takes longer than normal, wait there is nothing wrong with your device.
- When the smartphone is running on the new firmware verify the 6.2.B.0.211 ROM is there or not from the following path: “Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number”.
Congratulations; now the Sony Xperia S or Xperia SL is running on the latest and official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.211 firmware.
For any other supplementary questions, or in case you have some issues don’t hesitate to use our comment section from below.