How to root the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317
In this article, I will teach you how to root your Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 2 I317. The users who want to install custom ROMs in their device need to have root access on their Android device, that’s why this guide I hope will helpfully for leaning to root your Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 2 I317. Thanks by XDA member turilo who was able to root the AT&T Galaxy Note 2, and has shared the guide for everyone. Before you continue to get our “how to” tutorial, first you need to follow some necessary prerequisites:
This tutorial is made only for the advanced Android users, so if you don’t have enough experience in the rooting Android devices then you must stop here.
- The rooting process will activate the flash counter of your smartphone, and that action will void your device warranty. Don’t root your device in case you don’t have the idea for what is good to root your smartphone because the root access must very clear know it, in other way you can very easy to brick your device in case you’ll install a wrong file.
The prerequisite you must follow before the tutorial:
- Check your smartphone model version, for that open Settings from the menu and then click ‘About phone’, there you will see the model version number. This model must be AT&T variant of Galaxy Note 2 with the model number I317.
- Use these tutorial and instructions only and only for AT&T variant of Galaxy Note 2 model number I317.
- You’ll need a PC with Windows OS installed on it and verify if you have a free USB port with the read/write rights on it.
- Install the USB drivers for your smartphone, if you don’t have these drivers you can download them from the following address Windows 32bit X86 USB drivers and Windows 64bit X64 USB drivers
Note: You can use the KIES app, and this program helps you to add the drivers, but when you’ll root your smartphone the KIES program should not be running.
- Verify the charge level for smartphone battery, and charge the battery, because the phone can power off in the middle of rooting process, and that can brick your smartphone.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Note 2 smartphone.
- In case you brick your device, or you’ll lose any data from your smartphone we cannot be held responsible for that.
Reread and use all the instructions that I listed and be carefully to don’t skip any step.
- Apply these tutorials only and only for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317 device.
- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to root the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317 -tutorial:
- Firstly, download the files necessary for rooting your Samsung Note 2 from the following link, and save this file on your computer.
- Secondly, Connect your phone to your computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Thirdly, move the CWM-SuperSU zip file on the internal SD smartphone card.
- Now, after the zip file transfer is complete, disconnect the smartphone from computer.
- Next, download the CWM recovery file from the following link.
- Now, download ODIN 3 v3.04, and after the download you need to extract the contents of the downloaded file and extract this file on your computer desktop. There you’ll find 4 files.
- Next, power off your Galaxy Note 2 and then boot your smartphone into Download Mode, for make this you should press simultaneous ‘volume down’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ buttons. When you’ll see the message press ‘Volume up’, you must press it, and you’ll boot into Download Mode.
- Open the Odin folder and run the ODIN exe file.
- With the help of original USB cable, you need to connect your device with the PC after you connected the smartphone the ODIN should say ‘Added!!’(If this message ‘Added!!’ doesn’t appear then try to change the USB port). Otherwise, try to reinstall the smartphone drivers for USB, and after that redo this guide.
- Into ODIN app window select ‘PDA’ option and then find in your computer for the CWM Recovery file downloaded in step 5. Now, load the file into ODIN app window and don’t make any changes or future settings on ODIN app.
- Press ‘START’ button from ODIN software, and now you must wait to installing the CWM Recovery file.
- Wait until the ODIN will give you ‘PASS’ message and the smartphone will go to reboot.
- After this message is showed disconnect your device from the PC.
- Power off your device and proceed to apply the next steps for rooting process, which teach you how to apply the final root files.
Note: If ODIN app frozen or give you the installation attempt has failed, in this case close the ODIN app, shutdown your smartphone with power off and then remove the device battery, wait 5 seconds and reinsert the battery in smartphone. After that repeat, the guide above until the process will be successfully done and the files are installed.
How to apply the root files for AT&T Note 2 I317:
- Shutdown your Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 2 I317 smartphone and connect the smartphone to your PC.
- Now, boot into CWM Recovery mode, for get this you need to simultaneous press: volume up, home and power buttons, when the screen will flash you can release the buttons.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’, using volume rocker buttons.
- Now, find the ‘CWM Super SU.zip’ zip file and then confirm the installation.
- When the installation is successfully completed, you should back into main recovery menu.
- Then, select ‘reboot system now’ and wait until your smartphone will restart.
- Now, your Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 2 I317 smartphone has been successfully rooted.
- Verify if your smartphone is rooted by looking for the SuperSU icon, this app is listed in the Android’s OS App drawer, if this app is listed there that’s mean your device has been rooted.
That’s all you learnt How to root the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317. If you have issues to follow this tutorial, please use the comment section and share with us your event.
When your device is rooted you can flash the new custom ROMs, and you can install the applications which required the root access for be installed, these things will improve your smartphone performances, and you will have the full control of your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device. via