Root, unroot and Install CWM Recovery tool on Sony Xperia J
If you want to install a new custom ROM firmware on the Sony Xperia J. During the tutorial, you will learn how to root and after that (unroot – in the case is necessary), install CWM recovery image on the Xperia J smartphone.
The warranty can be restored anytime if you’ll un-root your device and you’ll install an official Android OS on it. A CWM custom recovery tool must to be flashed if you want to install on the Xperia J device custom ROM firmware, to perform backups, hard reset operations, to do optimizations and personal customizations and more.
Before to move at the step by step guides, some prerequisites are required to be applied first. So, make sure you don’t skip any step from below:
- First, you have to back-up all the Xperia J data because your data it might get wiped out or corrupted.
- Ensure that you take the backup of all of the data stored on the internal storage memory of the Sony Xperia J might get deleted.
- After the root rights are obtained and the CWM recovery is installed on your device you will be able to apply complex backup actions and with this custom recovery image tool you can make Nandroid backups.
- A computer and the smartphone’s USB cable will be necessary during the guides process.
- Uninstall or disable all the security tools that are running on both device and on the PC like antivirus, firewalls protection, antimalware programs and so on.
- Now, enable USB debugging option from the next path: “Settings -> More -> Development Options -> USB debugging”.
- Make sure that the device’s battery has enough power left level.
- All of the information and instructions listed here work only with Sony Xperia J, so do not try to use these for any other similar or different device, you can end up this guide in brick or damage your device.
- The instructions listed here and information are provided only for educational and instructional purpose.
How to Root Xperia J step by step guide:
- First, download the root pack file from here.
- Second, you have to save the downloaded file on your PC and after that unzip its content on your desktop PC folder.
- Now, run the “Runme.bat” file such as Admin rights, for doing that you need right click on the exe file and now, select “Run as Administrator” option.
- Next, connect the Xperia J device to PC.
- Make sure you’ll follow the on-screen prompts, for rooting the Sony Xperia J device.
Flash CWM Recovery on Xperia J device
- First, download the CWM recovery custom image file from here and save the file on your PC.
- Second, unzip the downloaded pack on your PC desktop folder.
- Next, run the “Runme.bat” exe file such administrator, for doing that you should click on the same exe file and from the menu list select “Run as administrator”.
- Now, connect the Xperia J device to the PC.
- Follow the prompt that appears for installing CWM recovery tool.
Un-root Sony Xperia J – downgrade to officially ROM
- First, download the stock file from here and save the same on your computer
- Second, download the Flash tool from here and save it on your PC.
- Now, install the Flash tool on the computer.
- Then run the Flash tool by selecting “Flashmoode” and then “OK”.
- Next, select “…” and browse and load the firmware file from your Computer.
- Power off your Sony Xperia J.
- Now, Press and keep holding the Volume Down buttons at the same time and with these buttons pressed, connect your Xperia J to PC by using the USB cord.
- The flashing process will automatically start
- When the installation process is completely done and you need to disconnect the USB cable.
- Reboot your Sony Xperia J smartphone.
That’s all; now you successfully learnt know how to root / install CWM recovery and un-root (downgrade to officially Android OS) on the Sony Xperia J. Please use our comments section if you have any other supplementary questions.