Android phones have allowed its users to perform a large number of actions that was not possible earlier and photography is certainly one of them. When it comes to smartphone photography, using the technology in an efficient manner will help you in getting better photos. We have brought some of the features for you so that you are able to use it more efficiently:
- Preparing your smartphone
Before using your smartphone’s camera, have a check of Settings as factory settings may be preset for lower quality. So, take a look at below:
- Set best resolution and picture quality
To get a better picture, set aspect ratio in a manner that you get the largest possible picture. In some smartphones 4:3 format gives the largest photos while in some 16:9 creates largest pictures. So, select accordingly.
It’s also important to have microSD or else your smartphone should have higher memory to store high-quality photos. Such photos occupy more space. You can also opt to save older photos and free memory on regular intervals.
- Clean your lens
Dirt particles on the camera lens can ruin your moments. Wipe the lens with micro fiber cloth, specially made to wipe the lens or a cleaning cloth used to wipe spectacle lenses to protect it from scratches.
- Finding the right exposure settings
For capturing good shots, it is very important to set appropriate exposure, sharp focus on the background and moving objects to get desired results from your camera.
- Aperture – This feature is a default and non-adjustable and you need to look for right conditions for ISO value and exposure. Your dependency increases in the auto mode while in manual mode you may be more creative.
- Exposure Time – This feature allows you to adjust illumination of pictures according to light conditions. Use this effect tactfully as long exposure it creates streak specially for moving objects. It can be used to capture night views or rivers. Whereas, a short exposure effect freezes a moment in time.
- ISO values – Sharpness of a picture is another important aspect of the photography which can be adjusted by the ISO value effect. When a high ISO value combines with short exposure time, it sharpens the picture. In dark conditions, you need high ISO value and long exposure time. But an inappropriate use may create unnecessary noise to your picture. Just try different conditions with different combinations to get more comfortable with these effects.
- Set the focus manually
Auto mode for setting focus while taking a shot makes thing easier but it doesn’t always give perfect. Manual mode gives you more creativeness and freedom to focus on areas you want to highlight. You can simply set the focus by tapping on the screen while using the camera.
- Take multiple shots
However, above features will enable you to take perfect shots, still, it is advisable to take multiple shots and select the best among them. Take multiple shots of each subject till you have sufficient pictures to select best among them.