Update Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 4.1.2 XWLSW Jelly Bean firmware
The Samsung has released a new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for the international version of Samsung Galaxy S2 model number GT-I9100 device. This new firmware is named XWLSW. It has PDA: I9100XWLSW and CSC: I9100XEULS5 with MODEM: I9100XXMS2.
The manual step by step process will help users to flash the official Android 4.1.2 XWLSW Jelly Bean using Odin software.
This article is provided only for educational and instructional purpose. Users are also directly responsible for their actions and apply this guide only on your own risk.
- You need to install the suitable USB Driver for the Samsung Galaxy S2 device on your PC; these drivers ensure the connectivity between the Android S2 device and the PC.
- Create a full backup for all your data stored into device’s internal memory. This step by step tutorial might wipe all your data stored on the S2 smartphone.
- In your S2 device have already installed and is running on a Custom Recovery Image (CWM or TWRP), you can take a full Nandroid backup for the actual firmware that’s running on your smartphone.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your S2 smartphone, this option is necessary to connect your PC with the device. To do so you need to navigate on: Menu>> Settings>> Applications path.
- Now, verify the device battery level for the power left. The level of the power left should have more than 80-85 % of battery charge.
- Your smartphone should be factory unlocked device and make sure it isn’t locked to a specific and particular mobile carried.
- After you’ll apply this official firmware, you’ll erase the custom Rom running on your device.
- The latest official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLSW version works only with Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 device.
How to manually install the Android 4.1.2 XWLSW Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100:
Download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLSW version file from the link and save it on your PC.
Now, extract the downloaded zip file and get the file with .tar.md5 for its extension and other supplementary files.
- Download ODIN 3.07 and save it in your PC. This flashing tool will help us to install the new firmware on the S2 device.
- Extract the file, and make sure you’ll get Odin3 v3.07.exe file and some other extra files.
- Power off the S2 device, when you’ll receive a vibration that means the smartphone is totally power off (wait around 6 seconds)
- Now, boot the S2 device into Download Mode. To do that press and keep holding the Volume Down+ Home + Power buttons simultaneously until a warning logo with some texts is displayed, press the Volume UP button to confirm.
- Open the ODIN app by running as Administrator the Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S2 device to the PC using the USB cord while the smartphone is in the Download Mode. Now, look into the ODIN interface and make sure that it displays the Added message and the ID: COM box turn yellow and will appear the number of the COM port number.
- In case, the Added notify message is not displayed, you have to try the USB cord to connect in other USB Port on your PC. In case, the ODIN doesn’t recognize the S2 device you have to re-install the suitable USB drivers to the PC.
- Next, select the installation files extracted above to flash them on your S2 smartphone:
- Into ODIN app click the PDA button, browse and select the .tar.md5 file (required)
- Into ODIN app click the Phone button, browse and select the file that contains the Modem in its name. If the file isn’t there, you can skip this step
- Now, on the Odin app click the CSC button, browse and select the file that contains the CSC in its name. Ignore this step if the specified file isn’t there.
- From ODIN app click the PIT file, browse and select the .pit file from the extracted folder. If such file is not found the ignore this step.
- Important: Make sure that in Odin app the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected, uncheck the Re-Partition option. In case you have a .pit file loaded in ODIN interface from the step above select it.
- Now, verify again the configuration and make sure you haven’t skipped any step mentioned above.
- Next, click the START button in ODIN app. After that, you should to wait few minutes to complete the flashing process.
- When the flashing process is done, your smartphone will automatically restart. Also, when it is finished, the ODIN will display the PASS message indicating the official file has been successfully installed on your S2 device.
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC with a safely unplug the USB cable action.
Congratulations, the latest Officially Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLSW version has been successfully installed on the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
To verify the new version directly on your device, follow and note down from this path: Settings>> About Phone
If the Samsung Galaxy S2 gets stuck on the moment of booting animation (after step-11) you have to do:
- Boot the smartphone into recovery mode. To do that press and keep holding theVolume Up, Home and Power buttons in the same time.
- From the main menu of the Recovery mode select the Wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition to perform data wiping task
- Now, after the wiping process is totally done, comeback to the main recovery menu.
- From the main Recovery Menu select the reboot system now option
Note: Use the Volume keys for navigating needs in the Recovery Mode and the Powerbutton to select your choose from the menu. In case you have more questions or some issues to understand the above tutorial, please don’t hesitate to use our comment section