Launched last year with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the Lenovo K6 Note is a budget smartphone, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor together with 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB internal memory.
Recently, the Chinese company has released the official Android 7.0 Nougat update for their K6 Note device. It has better multitasking and multi-window Support and data saver that allows users to limit the background data usage when they are not using the Wi-Fi network, quick app switching, smarter and bundled notifications, improved battery life with Doze on the go and display size that allow to change the display itself or the size of the font.
If you want to learn how to manually update to the official Android 7.0 nougat, your Lenovo k6 note smartphone, follow the below guide.
Before starting the update process there are some pre-requirements that you need to take care of:
- The firmware given in this post can be used only for Lenovo K6 Note, so don’t try to flash it on any other devices.
- Make sure your Lenovo K6 Note smartphone is not rooted.
- Backup all your important files and contacts before starting the update.
- Make sure your smartphone has more than 65% battery power.
- A good internet connection is needed to download the update file
How to Update the Lenovo K6 Note to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download from here the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update for Lenovo K6 Note and rename it to ‘’ update.zip”
- Place the downloaded file in the root of the SD card.
- Power off the device.
- Boot the smartphone into Recovery Mode by pressing the Volume Down and the Power button at the same time.
- From the main menu of Recovery Mode tap all tap on wipe and select wipe cache
- Next, tap on install, choose the update.zip file and wait for the installation to complete.
This was the guide to follow for manually updating your Lenovo K6 note to Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can test the new update.