Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint L710 To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean VPBMD4 Firmware
Good news for all Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 a new update is now available for their device in USA doe Sprint users, this new firmware is the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware named L710VPBMD4 version. This latest update is available for some regions by OTA or KIES. For verifying if the new update &he
Good news for all Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 a new update is now available for their device in USA doe Sprint users, this new firmware is the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware named L710VPBMD4 version. This latest update is available for some regions by OTA or KIES. For verifying if the new update is available for your device you can navigate on the Settings –> About device –> Software update, if there isn’t a new notification and you want to install this latest firmware then you can download it and learn from our present step by step tutorial how manually install it on S3 Sprint Galaxy SPH-L710 device.
Appling this official update your smartphone will be un-rooted just in case it is rooted, and on your device will be applying all the factory restrictions. Anyway, if you want to re-root the device you should to apply a suitable root method for doing this, we will provide in the next day a root method for this S3 Sprint Galaxy SPH-L710 device that is running the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware L710VPBMD4 version
This method will use the ODIN app, which means isn’t a method where you’ll use a custom recovery image tool like CWM or TWRP for flashing the firmware.
Like I said before, this step by step guide will teach you manually flash the L710VPBMD4 official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S3 model no GT-L710. In the next sections, you’ll learn the prerequisites that are required to be applied firstly, and in the second section we will teach you during a step by step guide the modality and steps successfully manually flash the new firmware.
This new firmware is an official carrier firmware and don’t try to use the same on any unbranded Samsung Galaxy S3 device. For this method, we will use ODIN app, which is a exceptional flashing tool developed by Samsung. Applying this present guide you’ll lose your applications and your customized settings. That’s why you have to save your actual applications and to note down the actual settings and additionally we strongly recommend you to backup al your data stored into the device’s internal memory, to be sure if something unpleasant will happen you don’t lose any data.
Before starting our prerequisites, you need know some firmware details. So this latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean VPBMD4 Firmware has the PDA: L710VPBMD4, CSC: L710SPRBMD4, L710VPBMD4 Version and work only with Samsung Galaxy S3, model number L710. It was been release on April, 2013 on the USA (Sprint) carrier.
The prerequisites required to be followed before to begin the flashing step by step guide are:
- All the information listed here and this step by step guide are provided only for educational and instructional meaning so apply the same only in your own risk, and we cannot be held liable or responsible for any unfortunately events or in case you’ll lose any data or brick/ damage your device.
- This guide works only for Galaxy S3, model number L710. Please don’t try to use the same for any other similar devices, you can to brick them.
- For be sure your device is compatible and is the Galaxy S3, model number L710 you need to verify this following the next path where you’ll see the device’s model number in Settings » About phone.
- Backup the Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 Data, Applications and all your personal Settings. The installation of this official firmware won’t erase your data but, never know what can happens, and that’s why we strongly recommend backup all your data stored on your smartphone
- You can save, in order to get a full back up, the SMS, the contacts, call logs, EFS Folder, your images, videos, songs and any other documents which you are considering are important for you. For take the backup you can use our backup tutorials where use applications from Google Play Store, or you can use any other backup methods that you’re considering it is safe for you. Also make sure that you note down the internet settings from the following path: Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names” Also for users who use the WhatsApp Messenger applications don’t forget to save your messages from this application.
- Also, the Kies app can be used to take the backup manually; In case in your smartphone is running a custom recovery image such us CWM or TWRP recovery, then you can use these to take a full back up using the NANDROID backup, this kind of backups save as an image your actual ROM that is running on your device.
Download and install the proper USB driver for your S3 Sprint Galaxy SPH-L710 device, that thing is necessary for assure the connection between the Android device and your Windows Computer based.
- Charge your device’s battery to have more than 80% power left. Otherwise you can receive for your S3 device a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process, and this unfortunately thing can damage your device.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode, this option allows the PC to communicate with the Android smartphone and to transfer files between them.
- As you probably know that the ODIN app is an application that can run only on Windows PCs, in case you’ll use other OS in your PCs such as Linux or Mac OS, the you need to have CrossOver app for running the ODIN app.
How to Update Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 to L710VPBMD4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- First, download the officially USA (Sprint) (L710VPBMD4_L710SPRBMD4_SPR.zip) file from here the size is 822.5 MB.
- Secondly, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you should get a .tar.md5 file and some additional other files.
- Now, download Odin 3.07 tool. Extract its content to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and additionally a few others files.
- Next, power off your S3 smartphone, and remove its battery, wait around 5-6 seconds with the battery out and after that reinsert the battery in its location.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 device into Download Mode. To do that you need to press and keep holding the following combination of buttons: Volume Down + Home buttons while pressing the Power button until a warning will be displayed on the screen and for entering into Download Mode press Volume UP button.
- Open the Odin3 v3.07.exe, make sure you’ll open such as Administrator.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 to the PC using for doing this it’s original USB cord.
- Now, make sure on the ODIN app the “Added!!” message is displayed. In case, this message isn’t displayed you need to try reconnecting your device into other USB port, and reinstalling the suitable USB drivers.
- When the connection is successfully done the “Added!!” message in Odin will be displayed together with COM port and a number colored in Yellow, that’s means you can to move at the next step.
- Now, select the following files in ODIN app with the respective buttons from the folder where you’ve extracted the downloaded firmware file above on the step 2, and make sure you don’t skip any step and the instructions:
- First, click the PDA Button and from the extracted folder select the .tar.md5 file, this step is required.
- Secondly, click the PDA button, and from the same folder such as above browse and load if there exist the file with *modem* in its name, in the case isn’t there you can skip this step and move to the next one.
- Now, click CSC button and from the same folder browse and select the file with *csc* in its name; also this step is Optional.
- Next, click the PIT Button, and from the same extracted folder browse and select the .pit file. Also, the step is optional; apply the same only in case there is a file with the .pit extension.
- Important: Make sure that in ODIN interface window, the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check-boxes are selected; also, in case you loaded a .pit file select the check-box from Re-Partition option.
- Verify again the all steps above and when all the settings correspond with the guide step by step you can move to the next step.
- When you are ready, click on the START button from ODIN app to starting the flashing process.
- Now, wait ODIN for completing the installation process, and when the process is done your S3 device will get an automatically restart and the ODIN app will display the PASS message.
- Disconnect the S3 device from the PC.
Congratulation, that’s was all steps in order to know how manually update the Sprint Galaxy S3, model number SPH-L710 with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build VPBMD4 firmware.
To make sure this firmware has been successfully installed into S3 device you should verify this navigating in the next path: Settings > About phone and from there note down which firmware version is running on your device.
If the Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 stuck when booting and have stopped at the booting Samsung Logo animation you have to:
- Force to power off your S3 device.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode. To do that, you need to press and keep holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons in the same time.
- From the Recovery Mode main menu select and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and after that Wipe Cache Partition.
- Important: when perform a wipe memory this action will delete all your data stored in device’s internal memory, the system file partition and not delete the data stored in your SDcard.
- Back into the main menu of the Recovery Mode and from the there select Reboot System Now.
Note: For navigating between the Recovery Mode menu use Volume keys and for selecting an option use Power button.
For any other supplementary questions, please don’t hesitate to use our comment section bellow.