How to update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Official Android 4.1.2 XXELKC OTA Jelly Bean Firmware
A new Android 4.1.2 OTA firmware is now available for Galaxy S3 I9300 device. In this tutorial, you will learn how to update this firmware in your S3 smartphone using a manual procedure. Apply and understand complete all instructions and steps from this article and you should be able to flashing your International Samsung Galaxy S3 without issues.
Poland was the first place where this update was available, but with this guide you will flash in your S3 smartphone this OTA firmware I9300XXELKC version which brings the Android 4.1.2 JZO54K for all other international version of Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphones.
As improvements in the direction of features we will find:
If you think all these new capabilities for the XXELKC I9300 update are required for your device and want to install it follow all the prerequisites list and the how to guide listed below:
The prerequisites are:
- This guide and all the instructions presented in this section are only and only for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300. This update doesn’t work for the US version, so don’t try to use this firmware for this, you can brick them.
- This method makes again un-root access for your smartphone if you have a rooted device, and your warranty will be restored.
- This OTA update can delete all the contest of your smartphone if you’re running custom ROMs, or other different firmware from other country than Poland. That’s why is extremely important to create a full backup for your data stored in the S3 smartphone.
- For this process you’ll need to have installed all the Samsung USB drivers, you can download these from the next links if you’re not sure if are installed: Samsung USB drivers for Windows 32-bit ( x86) | Samsung USB drivers for Windows 64-bit (x64).
- Now you must disable the Samsung KIES when you’re using the ODIN software to install the XXELKC 4.1.2 update.
- Deactivate/disable all the security protections from devices, your PC and the S3 Android smartphone.
- From the Development Options enable the USB Debugging options from the next path: “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- Ensure that the lowest level battery life is more than 70%, so as to ensure that the smartphone doesn’t get turned off in the middle of the flashing process.
- This tutorial is only for the advanced Android users who know to use the ODIN software to flash the new firmware in their devices if you’re a beginner is better wait the official OTA 4.1.2 notification for update your device.
- Reread all the instructions and be sure you that you don’t skip any steps or prerequisite listed in this article.
- Take the backup for all your data stored in your device, use which methods you’re sure to get the backup, we suggest you our backup tutorial which can help you:
- Respect all these prerequisites and then you can go to the next section, where you will learn how to install the latest update firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone.
Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Official Android 4.1.2 XXELKC Jelly Bean Firmware – Tutorial
- First, download the Android 4.1.2 XXELKC OTA Update package from HERE
- Now extract the zip archive and get a single “.tar” file or”.tar.md5” file. That’s the update firmware file and now don’t extract any further. Leave the folder on your computer desktop and move to the next step.
- Download ODIN software (Odin 3 v3.04 zip file) from the following link from HERE. Extract the Odin app in the same folder with the update firmware file.
- Power Off your S3 device completely, remove the device battery, wait 5 seconds and reinsert the battery.
- Now, boot your smartphone in the Download Mode, for make this press in the same time the ‘volume down’, ‘home’ and ‘power’ buttons, and after the display is on you can release the buttons, and then you need to confirm by pressing the Volume Up button, that means you want to boot in the Samsung Galaxy S3 Download Mode.
- Run the ODIN3 v3.04.exe file from your computer.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone to your PC using the original USB cable. Odin must to show ‘added!!’ alert in the Odin message box. Note: If the ‘added!!’ message doesn’t appear, then you need to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers and enable the USB debugging option on the S3 device again.
- Now in the ODIN app in your PC, you have to click on the ‘PDA’ button and after that search in your computer the “.tar.md5” file and this file loading in the ODIN.
- Don’t make any change in the default ODIN app options and verify and make sure that ‘Re-Partition’ option is not enabled. If the ‘Re-Partition’ option is enable, then you need to disable this option.
- Now, press the “Start” button in the ODIN app window for beginning the Android 4.1.2 XXELKC firmware update in your S3 device. Now, all you need to do is that not press any other button or to make any other changes, only wait for the flashing process to be finished.
- When the OTA 4.1.2 Jelly Bean installation is done, the Odin software will say the ‘PASS’ message and your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone will receive a restart automatically.
- When the Samsung Galaxy S3 boot logo is showed disconnect the S3 device from your PC. Now the flashing process is done.
- Your S3 smartphone boots in the latest firmware update and you can verify all the new Android 4.1.2 features.
Note:If your device don’t receive complete the update from the ODIN and it is frozen, and you see the ‘FAIL’ alert, then you need to disconnect the smartphone from the computer and then remove its battery, wait 35 seconds and then reinsert the battery, and boot the device again in the download mode. Now, repeat the complete guide and you should be available to install the new update.
Note:If the ODIN software display the ‘PASS ‘message but your S3 doesn’t get past the animation logo in the boot process, then you’ll need to wipe the data from your smartphone’s /file system partition. This thing will force your S3 device to boot in the new firmware updated, but all the application and all the data stored in your smartphone memory will be deleted. But all contents of the SD memory card will be kept, and you can get them if you’ll apply the bellow guide:
- First, power off your S3 device and remove its battery.
- Wait 35 seconds and reinsert the battery in its location.
- Now, boot your S3 smartphone in Recovery Mode. To do this, you need to press the following combination of buttons in the same time: ‘volume up’plus ‘home’ plus ‘power’ buttons. When the display is ON and flickers the screen your device will loading the Recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery mode, in your SGS3 device, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option from there and confirm this.
- Now, back in the main Recovery Mode screen and there choose and select the ‘reboot system now’ from there.
- When the restart will be done, your device will boot in the normal mode into the Android 4.1.2 XXELKC Jelly Bean Operating System.
- All you need to do now is to join your Google Account details.
Test all the new features from the new Jelly Bean firmware, and let us know which you consider are the best using our comment section line.
If you have any issues to understand this guide about Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to the latest and official Android 4.1.2 firmware version, or you want to share your experience with us don’t hesitate to use the comment section for sharing with us