Update the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 to Android 4.1.2 UVMC6 Jelly Bean firmware
The Android mobile updates are flooding with new introductions and updates. People across the world are working on different channels to help Android smartphone users experience new kind of facilities and features. Recently a new update has been released for Samsung Galaxy S2 model number T989 and it is Android 4.1.2 UVMC6 Jelly Bean Firmware.
To help you all, install this update, we have brought a new installation tutorial. This installation will help you to get new features like TouchWiz Nature UX 2.0 interface, new lookscreen widgets, Direct Call features, new features and functions for the device’ camera, Smart Say, two home screen modes, and a few more features.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- This tutorial and all instructions listed here are compatible only for the T-Mobile US Samsung Galaxy S2 model number T989. Don’t try to apply this update on any other similar models, By doing this you’re risking your device.
- This update is an official release firmware OS by Samsung, and if your smartphone is rooted, once you apply this update, the root access will be revoked.
- Use this tutorial, only if you’re an advanced Android user and you know what you’re doing with your device. Also, your warranty will be restored if you have installed a custom ROM into your device.
- Install the proper drivers in your PC for the T-Mobile US Samsung Galaxy S2 model number T989, without the drivers installed on your PC, the ODIN app that you use to apply this new update won’t recognize your device, and can’t complete the new firmware installation.
- Back-up your entire important files that you’ve stored on your device’ internal memory.
- This tutorial and all instructions listed here are only for instructional and educational purposes, so we can’t be held responsible or liable for anything wrong that happens during installation of this update.
- From the Developer Option Menu, you need to enable the USB debugging option. That thing will make possible connection between the PC and your S2 smartphone.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA Update for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 device:
- First of all, you need to download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware from HERE /HERE. Save the update file in your computer and after the download is completed, extract its content in a single folder on your computer. You will obtain a ‘.tar.md5? file. Let it like this without any more extraction and move to the next step.
- Then, download the ODIN 3.04 zip pack. After the download completes, extract the content of the zip archive in your desktop and make sure there exist the ODIN.exe file. This file you’re going to use to apply the update file in your device.
- Power off your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 device.
- Boot your device into the Download Mode. To do that, you need to first connect your device’ USB cord to the PC and press Volume UP, and Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Now connect your USB cable to your device, and when a warning alert displays on your device display, you can release the volume buttons and you’ll need to press one more Volume UP button. Now you’re in download mode menu.
- Open the extracted ODIN folder and launch from there the ODIN.exe app. Odin software will say ‘Added!!’ if the connection is established between your PC and your device.
- Now, from the ODIN app click on the PDA tab and browse the previously extracted files .tar.md5 file and pick this file. Important: Don’t make any changes into the default option in ODIN. You only verify and make sure that the Re-Partition option is not enabled on the ODIN interface.
- When you want to begin the update process, press the START button from the ODIN.
- Now wait until the ODIN installs the new update.
- When the new official OTA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UVMC6 firmware has been totally installed on your device, your device will get a restart and the ODIN software will say ‘PASS’. That means the firmware has been installed.
- Disconnect your S2 device from the PC when the Samsung logo animation displays.
- It is quite normal, if the first boot takes a bit longer time to complete. Now take the complete control over your device and test the new Android 4.1.2 directly on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 device.
Sometimes, some issues can appear when you’re trying to update your device with this new update, I will list below the cases:
- If the ODIN app gets failed or freezes its interface, power off your smartphone, by removing its battery. After that, you have to close the ODIN app and then re-insert the device’ battery in its place. Now, repeat the above tutorial from the beginning, starting with the step 5. Make sure you will apply all the instructions from the guide.
- In other case, the ODIN app can say ‘PASS’, but the S2 device doesn’t boot normally, in this case you need to do a wipe data from your device.
Below are all the steps to do that:
- First of all, you have to power off your smartphone.
- Then, boot your S2 device into the recovery Mode.
- From the Recovery Mode, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this action. This action will erase all data from your smartphone’s internal memory/ system partition.
- After you have made the wipe, select from the main Recovery Mode menu the ‘reboot system now’ option.
- Your device will take a reboot, and you have to wait until it will boot into normal mode.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully learnt how manually update your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 to the latest official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UVMC6 firmware.
Use our comment section in case you are facing some issues and you need some help from our side.
All the best!