Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo recently received an OTA Android update for Android 4.4.2 and can be installed manually on the Android devices. Te given tutorials are compatible for both locked and rooted devices and will not affect the warranty of your device. The installation process prerequisites are same to almost every other device mentioned on our website and this official release in not customized one.
How to install Android 4.4.2 XXUCNG6 KitKat Firmware on your International Galaxy Note 3 Neo device?
• Download the ODIN application and Samsung KIES from the given links
• Unzip the downloaded ODIN app and install it following the instructions visible on screen
• Install the Samsung KIES app to apply Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo drivers for USB on your system
• Download the new Android 4.4.2 XXUCNG6 KitKat firmware following the driver installation on your PC from this pace
• Extract the downloaded files on your PC, preferred on the desktop and run the Odin application on your PC.
• Switch off your Galaxy Note 3 Neo. Press the Power Button and choose Power Off and then keep holding the power key for a few seconds.
• Boot the Android device in Download mode by pressing the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons simultaneously.
• When the device has booted to the download mode, ODIN application running in your PC, connect the device to your PC using the USB cord
• ODIN will try to recognize your smartphone an d if successful, it will show you an Added message as well as ID:COM section will turn yellow or blue. If no message displayed, try to reinstall the drivers and reapply the steps mentioned above.
• From the Odin application, select PA and browse for the extracted KitKat file from desktop.
• Do not try to make any further changes to ODIN interface and select Start.
• Wait till the device gets updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS version
• At the end of process, the app will show you Pass message and the ID:COM section will turn green.
• Disconnect the USB cable and reboot the device
• You device might get stuck in boot loop and in such case; you need to push your device to recovery mode and from there select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
• Return to the main menu and select “reboot system now”.
• In case your ODIN application stuck during installation, close the ODIN and force restart your Samsung device. Now reinstall the drivers and repeat the entire procedure
• Congratulation, now you learned all steps to successfully manual update the International Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo device to official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG6 firmware.