If you want to install a custom ROM on your Motorola RAZR. Read the process described below.
You should install a CWM Recovery image on your device. The CWM Recovery image helps users to install customs ROMs, fills and you can take the backup for your phone.
- This tutorial and all instructions described here must be applied only and only on the Motorola RAZR i smartphone. Do not try to install this CWM Recovery files in other devices, this situation can brick your device.
- Backup all data stored in your device.
- If your Motorola runs an unlocker bootloader, this step can be passed.
- Now, in your computer you need to install the Android SDK, you can download from this link. If you already have Android SDK installed on your computer, then you can skip this step.
- Backup all your critical files and installed applications
- To save your SMS download SMS Backup & Restore app.
- To save your call logs download Call Log backup and Restore.
- To sync your contacts use our tutorial how to Sync your Contacts with the Gmail account.
- To save your internet settings configuration use APN Settings Backup & Restore
- To save your installed applications download AppBack for Android.
- The next step is to Enable USB debugging from your smartphone’s Developer Options.
- Verify the smartphone level of battery and charge the battery full, if your device will take a power off in the middle of the flashing process then you can brick your smartphone.
This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
- Reread all the above instructions and understand extremely well what must be done before flash CWM Recovery Image on your Motorola RAZR I.
Install CWM Recovery on Motorola RAZR I – tutorial
- First, Download Fastboot zip file, extract the downloaded zip file on your Computer Desktop and after you extracted the files you should have 4 files in the Fastbooot folder located on your Computer desktop.
- Second, download the ClockworkMod Recovery img file.
- When the download is done, you need to move the ClockworkMod Recovery img file in the first folder created ‘Fastboot’ folder. Now your folder has 5 files inside it.
- Now, Power Off your smartphone.
- Boot your Motorola RAZR I into Boot Mode Selection Menu and for this you need to press simultaneous the following buttons combination: ‘volume up’, ‘volume down’ + ‘power’.
- Release the buttons only when the menu is displayed. Then select ‘AP Fastboot’ and after that press the ‘Power’ buttons to load it.
- Connect your Motorola smartphone to your computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Wait until the Windows operating system installed on your PC.
- Now, Open the Fastboot folder, press SHIFT key + right-click, and then select ‘open command window here’ from the opened menu.
- This operation will launch the CMD (command prompt windows), for the Windos 8 users, they need to right-click on the bottom-left corner of Taskbar and then chose ‘command prompt admin’.
- Now, enter the following commands in the CMD window:
- fastboot devices – a device ID will be displayed in the command prompt window. In case you don’t see this, you need to re install the USB drivers also.
- fastboot flash recovery recovery-razri-try9touch.img –when the recovery file is successfully installed, you must enter the following command.
- fastboot reboot-bootloader- now, your Motorola RAZR i smartphone will be restarted in Boot Mode Menu.
Select the ‘recovery’ option and your device will be restarted into CWM Recovery.
Now your device have installed ClockworkMod Recovery image, and you are able to install the new custom ROMs with the help of CWM Recovery image for Motorola RAZR i smartphone.
In case you don’t like this CWM Recovery image, you need to get the ‘stock recovery’ file and redo the tutorial starting with the step 3.
Now you learnt how to successfully CWM Recovery on Motorola RAZR I device.