You are going to learn now how to root Android 4.0 ICS for Motorola Razr HD device. We thank to an XDA member for this great work. You’ll be able to flash new custom ROMs to install new updates and to customize the Android kernel for your device.
- These instructions are compatible only for Motorola Razr HD model number XT925. Your Motorola Razr HD should be on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Install the Motorola USB drivers on your PC drivers available to be downloaded HERE.
- You need to enable the USB debugging option from your device on Android Developer Options menu. This option is available in the Settings app.
- Deactivate/disable all security programs running in both devices, PC and smartphone, antivirus, firewall as these programs can restrict the rooting process.
Verify the charge level of your Motorola device and this should be over 60%. Take a full back up of your data files stored in your device. The android.sc team cannot be blamed in case you brick your device in the rooting process or you’ll lose any data from it
Root and preserve root for the Motorola Razr HD XT925 on Android 4.0 ICS – tutorial
- First, download the rooting pack from the next links, we will share tree links HERE, HERE or HERE and save it in your computer.
- The next step is to extract the contents of the root zip file on your PC.
- Connect the Motorola Razr HD to your PC with the help of original USB cable.
- Now, open the folder where you extracted the root pack.
- Run the ‘.bat’ file with Administrator rights, for that right-click on it and select ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the context menu.
- Now all you need to do is to follow the instructions listed by the root application.
- Your Motorola Razr HD will take a reboot when the root is applied.
- After that, you can unplug the device from the computer.
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully rooted your Motorola Razr HD phone.
In the next section, you’ll learn how to preserve the root before upgrading it to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA firmware. First you need to download and install VooDoo RootKeeper app on your device (Motorola Razr HD XT925 device).
- Now, run the VooDoo RootKeeper application on your smartphone.
- After you launched the app you need tap on ‘Protect Root’ option.
- There select ‘Temp Unroot.
- After that, you can install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware on your device.
- When the update with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware is complete you need to start again the VooDoo RootKeeper app.
- Select ‘Restore Root’
Congratulations, you’ve totally and successfully re-rooted the smartphone, but now your phone is on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.