One of the most popular Android based smartphone is Samsung Galaxy S2, , but there is not available an official update for Android 4.1.2. This tutorial will teach you How to update the Samsung Galaxy S2 with the CM10 and AOKP based Revolt Jelly Bean firmware.This 4.1.2 ReVolt custom ROM is the most powerful unofficial custom ROM you can install in your S2.
This update combines two big platforms, one is the CM10 and other is AOKP. This will give extra capabilities, optimization and power to customize your Android OS for your Samsung Galaxy S2.
Important: You should know that this is not an official update released by Samsung. If you need to know more details about the CM10 / AOKP Android 4.1.2 ReVolt custom ROM you can check the source for our tutorial.
- Make a full backup for your data stored in your smartphone.
- First, backup the EFS folder
- Make a Nanoid backup for the current ROM by using CWM Recovery.
- When your make the backup for you data, you must root your Samsung Galaxy S2. In case the phone is already rooted you can skip this point.
- Note: the warranty will get void when you start the flashing action. If you will need to restore your warranty. All you should do is to downgrade to the stock ROM.
- After this you need to install a Custom Recovery Image, we recommend CWM recovery.
- You will need a personal computer and your original USB cable.
- Deactivate Disable the security applications like antivirus and firewall from both smartphone and Computer, these programs can interfere with the updating process.
- Verify the battery device level charge if there is less than 65%, you must charge your smartphone battery.
- Enable the USB debugging option from the next path: “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Apply this tutorial and all the instructions only and only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100 devices .
- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with CM10 and AOKP based ReVolt Custom ROM Firmware – tutorial
- Download the custom ROM package from here and save in your computer.
- Connect your smartphone with your PC with the help of the original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded archive on the smartphone’s SD Card.
- Disconnect your smartphone to the computer when the downloaded file is copied totally into the smartphone.
- Turn Off your device or reboot in recovery mode, this it is necessary for entering in the Recovery Mode.
- Boot your device in the Recovery Mode for that you need to press and keep holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.
- Now, Select “+++go back+++”.
- From Recovery mode select “wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition” (don’t forget to backup all your data first).
- From the main menu, select “install zip from sd card” and then “choose zip from sd card”.
- Now, you must wait, the installation of the new custom ROM is in progress, the process will take a couple of minutes. Don’t press anything, just wait until the installation process will be done.
- Select “+++go back+++” and after “reboot system now”.
This is all, now your learnt how to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with the CM10 / AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based ReVolt Custom ROM Firmware.