Samsung has already started to push the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update for the Korean models of Galaxy A3 2016. If you want to manually install the new Android 7.0 Nougat update, you will find out how you can successfully do it. For this you will have to use the ODIN tool that will help you restore your device to the stock Android firmware in case you are using a custom ROM on your smartphone. If you are not an advanced user, it is better for you to wait until the OTA update will be available for your device.
Before starting the update, make sure that the following pre requisites are met:
- Use the presented tutorial only for the Korean model of the Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A310N0.So, go to Setting->About device and check the model number of your device and make sure you are not trying to update another model.
- On your computer you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options. If the Developer Options menu is not unhidden from Settings-> About Phone-> Software Info, tap seven times on the Build Number to unhide it. Return to the Settings menu and Developer Options will be there. Then, find and enable the USB Debugging option.
- If your smartphone is rooted, the root access won’t last the update process. Also, in case you have flashed a custom Recovery, this will be replaced with the stock Recovery image, after the update.
- The installation of the Android 7.0 Nougat update using ODIN is possible over custom ROMs too, but you will have to Factory Reset the device when the update is completed. The Factory Reset procedure wipes clean the system partition, it eliminates the old custom ROM and it allow your Samsung Galaxy A3 to boot in normal mode. Factory Resetting process will not delete any data from the internal storage of the device.
- One more important aspect is for you to charge the smartphone to avoid any interruption during the update.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Korea Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A310N0:
- On your computer, download from here the A310N0KOU1CQF1 archive file.
- After download, unzip the contents and save them on your computer. You will obtain the A310N0KOU1CQF1 tar.md5 firmware update file. Don’t unzip the tar.md5 archive.
- Download from here Odin 3.12.3 zip and extract the contents on your computer.
- Power off the Galaxy A3 device and then boot it in Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN and connect your device with the computer using the USB cable.
- ODIN should add the device, if not, reinstall the Samsung USB drivers.
- From ODIN main screen, click the AP button.
- Find and load the A310N0KOU1CQF1 tar.md5 firmware update file in ODIN.
- Press START to begin the update process.
- When the installation is completed, you will see the PASS alert. The smartphone will reboot in normal mode. You can now unplug it from computer and then wait for the first boot to complete.
The flashing process is over. If you see the PASS message shown by ODIN, but the Samsung Galaxy A3 enters in a boot loop, will need to Factory Reset the system partition.