Xiaomi, the Chinese electronics company, is the world’s 4th largest mobile devices maker and is growing constantly even if it has no physical presence outside of Asia. Xiaomi is well known for building impressive Android phones with an extremely good value at very competitive prices.
Among the most popular Xiaomi device, we can mention: Mi 5, Mi 5s, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Redmi 3sm and Mi Max.
If you are a Xiaomi user, you probably know that it sells its phones without Google Play Store or Google Apps like YouTube, Gmail, Chrome, Maps and so on, that you can find on other Android phones when you buy them. It has its own apps similar with many of the Google Apps and also has its own store known as MI App Store.
Normally the international version of Xiaomi devices should include the Google Play Store in their MI App Store, but it is not surprising to find that Google Play Store and Google Apps are missing in the devices sold for international market. Xiaomi Company follows the Chinese government regulations and blocks the access to Google Play and Google Apps.
If you have looked in MI App Store for Google Play Store and didn’t find, you can learn how to install it by following the instructions from below.
Install Google Play Store on your Xiaomi device
- Enable Downloads from unknown sources option. To do that, from the Home screen, tap the gear shaped Settings icon.
- Being in Setting menu, scroll down to ‘System and Device’ section and tap on Additional settings
- In the Additional Settings screen tap on Privacy option.
- Now, to allow installation of applications from unknown sources, on the Privacy screen, turn on the Unknown Sources option.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen, tap OK to agree with allowing downloads from unknown sources on your Xiaomi device.
- Open the browser on your device.
- Download from MIUI forum the Google Installer APK on your Xiaomi device.
- At the bottom of your phone screen, you will see a pop-up, tap OK to save the Google Installer APK.
- Once downloaded, the file will automatically open itself with a permission screen once it finishes. To begin installation of Google Installer, tap on Install.
- Once installed, tap Open on the App installed Screen.
- When it’s open, you will see a big blue Install button, tap on it to install the Google Basic Services. Google Installer will install Google Services Framework, Google Account Manager, Google Play service and Google Calendar Synchronization Service, which are required to download the Google Play Store on your Xiaomi device. For all the basic services mentioned above. You need to tap on Install (on the permission screen) and then on Done, for each service has been installed.
- After the installation is over, the Google Installer will ask permission to install the Google Play Store. Tap Install on the permission screen, and then click Open to open the Google Play Store.
- Finally, choose if you want or not to setup automatic data backup to google Drive and tap Next.
You have finished setting up Google Play Store on your Xiaomi device and now you can download the Google and Android applications that you want on your device. Please share with us your Google Play Store installation experience using the comments field from below.