We are going to share a step by step tutorial on how to install the TWRP Recovery on your HTC Hero smartphone.
In order to have a full custom advantage of the HTC Hero you need to root your device and to install in your device a custom recovery image, we recommend TWRP recovery. The TWRP recovery image offers different capabilities and you can use these when you want to take the backup data of your smartphone. The TWRP recovery comes with a friendly UI and has more features like other recovery images like CWM recovery. I think the TWRP represents for HTC Hero the best recovery image.
Before you start to install the TWRP on your HTC Hero device, you need to root the device. When you choose to root your device, the warranty will get void and the factory restriction will be removed.
The android.sc team cannot be held responsible for any changes or activities that you perform for your device in the particular circumstances and all what you do it is in your own risk.
The warranty can be restored if you’ll make downgrade the HTC Hero to the stock ROM, or you take an official update from HTC for your Hero smartphone.
First,, backup all your important data saved in your internal storage memory of your HTC Hero smartphone. a
- Deactivate/disable the antivirus programs, firewalls or other security programs which can interact with the flashing process.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your smartphone following the next patch:
- Verify the charge level of the battery and charge your device more that 80 % before starting the installation procedure.
All the instructions and the “how to” method are compatible and work only for HTC Hero smartphone.
Install TWRP Recovery on HTC Hero – Tutorial
- Download the TWRP Recovery file from here and save the same in your PC.
- Connect your HTC Hero smartphone using its original USB cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded file from PC in to your smartphone SD card.
- After you copied the downloaded file on Hero’s SD card, disconnect the device from the computer
- Now, turn off the HTC Hero device.
- Enter in recovery mode, the recovery mode for HTC Hero can be entering by pressing the next combination of buttons “the Volume down button while powering ON”.
- In the Recovery mode, menu select “wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition”.
- Now, go back to recovery with “+++go back++”.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and then “choose zip from sd card”.
- Find and select the TWRP recovery file, you have copied before, and then install the same.
- Now, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, now you learnt how to install the TWRP recovery on your HTC Hero smartphone. Now, your device is able to receive the latest custom ROM firmware for the same.