Today, during the below step by step guide I will teach you a manual method about how to easy install the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update on the Samsung Galaxy E5 device.
As you probably know that the Samsung company was released the OTA Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for Samsung Galaxy E5 devices in Russia and India countries. Now, this new firmware can be installed on your E5 device before the official release over-the-air on your region by using this step by step guide.
The new firmware brings a lot of changes and enhancements for your device to make it run better than before and to fix different bugs from the actual ROM.
Before to install the new update some prerequisites are necessary:
- The new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is released only for Samsung Galaxy E5 devices from India and Russia.
- So, the model number compatible with this new update is Samsung Galaxy E5 is SM-E500H.
To verify the model number of your device you need to go on the device’s menu on Settings-About Phone.
- Do not use this guide for any other incorrect models of Galaxy E5 devices.
- Once you’ve verified the version of your device, and it is suitable with the new update, you need to download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. These USB drivers are necessary to connect the device to PC to assure the installation process.
- To install the new Android 5.1.1 on your Samsung Galaxy E5 device model number SM-E500H, you need to use the ODIN software.
- The next step is to disable any security protection software such as Samsung KIES, antivirus application or firewall running on your computer.
Note: These security applications are going to interrupt Odin app from installing any new update files.
- Now, from Developer Options menu you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode. ( If the Developer Options menu doesn’t appear you need to go to Settings, About Phone, and there tap seven times on the Build Number section to unhide this menu).
- The updating process is going to apply the default factory settings, and if your device is rooted the root right will be removed total.
- Also, the new update will install the stock Recovery app, and any custom Recovery app is removed.
- Moreover, if your Galaxy E5 device is running under a custom ROM, the new installation process of the stock ROM requires applying an extra “factory reset” step. The “Factory Reset” step will erase all the custom firmware files.
- On the other hand, if the Galaxy E5 device is sporting a 100% stock ROM, then you can apply the new update without using a “Factory Reset” step.
- This step by step installation guide is provided only for an advanced user, and our advice is to use it only if you know what you have to do.
- We cannot be responsible or blamed if you damage or brick your smartphone now in case you lose any personal data during or after installation process.
- The user is advised to read all listed steps and do not skip any of them.
- Another important step is to verify if the device’s battery power level is more than 65 % to prevent any unexpected power off during the installation process.
How to manually install the new Android 5.1.1 E500HXXU1BOG6 firmware on Samsung Galaxy E5 device.
- Download the new Android 5.1.1 firmware file for Samsung Galaxy S5 device for the Russian device from here and for Indian device from here.
- Extract the downloaded file to obtain the E500HXXU1BOG6 tar.md5 file. ( do not extract further than that).
- Download the ODIN 3 zip file from here.
- Extract the Odin3 v3.10.6 zip file on your PC.
- Turn off the Galaxy E5 device.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy device in Download Mode.
- Open the Odin application by launching the Odin3 v3.10.6 executable on your computer.
- Connect the E5 device to your PC by using the USB cord.
- Wait until the Odin application detects the Galaxy E5 device and continue to the next step.
- From Odin’s main user interface disable the ‘Re-Partition’ option and click on the ‘AP’ button.
- Find and load the Android 5.1.1 E500HXXU1BOG6 tar.md5 file in Odin app.
- Press the START button to begin the flashing process. The update process is going to take a couple of minutes before it completes.
- When the installation process is done you should see the device getting an automatically reboot into normal mode.
When the ODIN app displays the “PASS” message you can disconnect the device from the computer.
Keep in mind that the first reboot process is going to take more time than usual before it loads all necessary files, but don’t worry it is normal.
If the ODIN app displays the FAIL message, you need to repeat all steps once again. But, this time you need to be sure that you won’t skip any of them.
If the ODIN app displays the PASS alert, but it doesn’t boot into normal mode, stops on the boot animation screen (for more than 25 minutes), or entering into boot loop, a “factory reset” step is necessary.
How to apply the “Factory Reset for Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone:
- Firstly, turn off the device.
- Secondly, boot the device in Recovery Mode.
- Thirty, select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm.
- Now, reboot the device into normal mode.Note: the “Factory Reset” step is required if the new Android 5.1.1 official update is installed over a custom ROM.
Congratulation, the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is running on your Samsung Galaxy E5 device.
If you face any problem in any step, then please share it me in the comment section, and I will try to help you.