You are going to learn how to update your device Asus Transformer TF700 Tablet with the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based CM10 custom ROM firmware. You should know this isn’t an official update.
The CM (CyanogenMod) is a popular platform for custom ROMs available for our devices based on Android.
- For beginning, Root the Transformer TF700 Tablet. When you apply the rooting process on your tablet, the warranty will get void. ,
- To see if your tablet is rooted or not download the “Root Checker”app from the Play
- Now, if you have the root access on your tablet, next step is to download and install a Custom Recovery Image.
In the next section, you need to do essential pre- requisites:
- Take a backup of the smartphone data.
- Now you need to verify the battery life for your device, should not be less than 50 %, the device must to doesn’t get turn off in the process firmware update.
- You need to verify if the USB Debugging Mode is enabling on your Asus Transformer TF700 Tablet.
- The next step is to disable/deactivate all security protections on your PC and your device, like antivirus, firewalls, etc.
- Install the Drivers for Asus Transformer TF300Tin your PC.
- Verify again if your device is rooted and you have installed on it a custom recovery image(CM Recovery).
- This tutorial is only and only for the Asus Transformer TF700 tablet, and not for a similar device,
Warning: This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device we are not responsible for that.
How to Update Asus Transformer TF700 tablet with CM 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
- First, download the Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware package.
- Download Google Apps to your PC.
- Connect your tablet to the PC using the original USB cable.
- Place the zip archives in your Asus Transformer TF700 tablet.
- After you placed the zip files, disconnect the tablet from your PC.
- Turn off your tablet to get into recovery mode.
- To enter in recovery mode press and hold Volume Down button and Power button.
- Press Volume Down button once (highlight The USB icon) and now for confirmation press Volume UP button.
- For this step, in the Recovery Mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and after that select the “Cyanogen mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware” first and flash the same.
- Redo this step for flashing Google Apps Package which is placed in your device, once the CyanogenMod 10 updates has been successfully installed.
- After the flashing operation is over, select “+++go back+++” and end with “reboot system now”,
- It may take more period to make the rebooting the tablet as the application will have to be installed.
That is all, now you learnt how to update Asus Transformer TF700 tablet with CM 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 custom ROMs firmware.