There is a good news for Sony Xperia Z device’s owners. A new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update is now available. The new release is named 10.31A.1.10 firmware.
The new official firmware has been rolled out and is available by OTA with latest Jelly Bean 4.2.2 features, applications, and optimization and customization capabilities. Additionally, it comes along with important bug fixes over the previous firmware issues.
Those who have not received the update can use this method to manually install the firmware update.
This guide will help users who have a rooted Xperia Z device and want to install an official release, or if their device is running a custom ROM and an official one is required.
- This Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.1A.1.10 is the latest official Android Operating System released for Sony Xperia Z device.
- It can be utilized to restore the warranty for different rooted Xperia Z device’s or with custom ROM running and want to install official firmware.
- So, this step by step guide is compatible with both rooted and looked Xperia Z devices.
- When official firmware is installed into a rooted device, the root access is revoked, and all custom tools and specified customizations is also replaced by the official Jelly Bean features, applications and default factory restrictions.
- The warranty will not get void and furthermore, it can be now restored if it has been previously voided.
- Take the backup of all your data stored into device’s internal memory, the data saved on the internal memory of the phone might get corrupt, or a wiped out task is necessary. So use the backup and restore applications from Google Play Store for save your data and in additional save your entire phone’s configuration.
- If the Xperia Z smartphone is rooted and has installed a custom recovery image as CWM recovery, you can use it for getting a Nandroid backup for the device’s actual ROM.
- A windows PC, the Xperia Z device and its USB cable will be used during the step by step guide.
- Uninstall or temporally deactivate all the security tools installed such as, antivirus, firewalls or antimalware. These programs can interfere with step by step installation process and can interrupt the same.
- On The Xperia Z device, navigate to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and make sure that the USB debugging option is enabled, then navigate to “Settings -> Xperia -> Connectivity -> USB Connection Mode” and from there enable the MSC Mode.
- Make sure that the device’s battery is charged enough, at least 70% level
- This process works only for the Sony Xperia Z devices.
- Verify if the OTA firmware is available or not for Xperia Z device, go to “Settings>> About phone>> Software update>> OK”, if the OTA is available, download and install the same. If not, you should use the following step by step flashing guide from below.
- All of the instructions listed here are provided only for instructional and educational purpose, so do not blame us or respponsible if any data is lost or your device is damaged during the process.
How to Update Sony Xperia Z to Official10.3.1A.1.10 Android 4.2.2 JB Firmware
- Download the Android 4.2.2 JB 10.3.1A.1.10 firmware file on your PC; use the link from here and the one from here – you have to download both files on PC.
- Download the Flashtool app from here and save it in PC
- Now, install Flashtool on the computer and also the USB Sony Xperia Z drivers.
- Connect the Sony Xperia Z device with the PC via USB cable.
- Transfer (Copy and Paste) the downloaded files on the Flashtool folder such as (C:\flashtoolfirmwares).
- Next, open the Flashtool and click on the lighting icon followed by “flashmode” option; then select OK.
- Now, on the flashtool folder search for the .ftf firmware file and select it.
- Click on the “flash” button.
- The installation process will now start.
- Wait until the process is completely done, don’t touch any button during the installation process, just wait until it’s done.
- When the installation process is finished, disconnect the USB cable from PC.
- Now, reboot the Xperia Z device.
To verify the new firmware version go to “Settings -> About phone -> Android & Baseband version”
Congratulations, you successfully learnt how to manually install the latest official 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.1A.1.10 software on Sony Xperia Z device.
Test the new firmware and share the impressions with us using our comment section below.