Korean manufacturer Samsung recently released the security patch for October for its Samsung Galaxy J3 2017. However, this update will be available in the US only. The new Android 7.0 OTA is being rolled out for the model number SM-J327U. The firmware is gradually pushed, therefore you need not worry if you don’t receive the new OTA. We are demonstrating a manual process through which you can update your device right now without even receiving any OTA.
The best part is that the update process given below is an official process and due to this, Samsung KNOX won’t get tripped. That’s why there is no scope of losing your Galaxy J3 warranty and also you will still be able to use and run all the default Samsung apps.
Make sure your smartphone is fully charged before you actually start the process. In case, your phone will get turned off during the Android 7.0 Nougat update operation its Android system can also get soft-bricked.
The process given below is only for the 2017 model of the Samsung Galaxy J3 with version number SM-J327U and not for the other models.
- Open internet explorer on your computer, navigates this page, then download the J327UUEU1AQJ1 Android 7.0 October security patch file.
- You should save the updated package on your desktop.
- Now, install drivers of your Samsung Galaxy J3 2017.
- Now, install Odin – from this page, unzip.
- Follow on-screen prompts.
- It is time to run Odin on your computer. Now reboot download mode on your phone, connect your handset with your computer via USB cable.
- It’s time to enable the download mode: power off your Smartphone; press and hold the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons simultaneously, for a short while.
- If you have install the drivers correctly Odin will recognize your device, on Odin you will notice the ‘added’ message displayed and the ID: COM field turned yellow or blue.
- In case Odin does not recognize your device, reinstall your Galaxy J3 drivers on your computer and repeat the steps from above.
- Now, click on AP option from Odin and install firmware.
- Do remember to unselect Auto Reboot and Re Partition options.
- On completion, click on Start and wait till the update operation is completed.
- Finally, the pass message will be displayed on Odin and the ID: COM field will be turned green.
- Reboot your phone after closing the Odin and unplug the USB cable.
- In case Odin gets hangs while completing the process, just close the program and remove USB.
- Now restart your device and repeat the complete process including re-installing drivers of your device.