In this article, we are explaining the process for gaining root access on the new Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie as TWRP recovery has been made available for this particular device. Apart from the process, we are also giving the pros and cons along with pre-requisite for the successful completion of the process.
You should understand that gaining root access is a different kind of action that can be started on the Android system. It unlocks every feature and you can personalise your smartphone. By gaining root access you can install features that cannot be used on the stock Android firmware or add root-only apps from Google Play or from any other source, and much more.
There are chances that you may lose warranty of your Smartphone while gaining root access as it is not an official process. However, after reinstalling the stock Android OS you can regain the warranty but the rook access will not be there anymore and bootloader will be locked again.
It’s very important to take back up of your data as there are chances of wiping out the complete data which is not default. You can also save almost everything by using dedicated apps from Google Play, by using built-in cloud storage services or by syncing your files with your Google Account.
There is another way to save the current Android OS by using the Nandroid backup. That’s the only way in which you can secure the Android system.
You need to connect your device to computer in order to perform these steps.
Download the SuperSU file. On your Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie enable Developer Options – tap repeatedly on Built Number (after 7 or 10 taps you should notice the ‘you are a developer’ message displayed).
Next, go to Developer Options (within Menu – > Settings) and from there check the USB Debugging feature. Now, check the power on your phone as it is important to charge your phone before heading towards the root process if the power left is lower than 50%.
How to Root Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie using SuperSU and TWRP recovery
- Download SuperSU, save the file on your desktop.
- Switch on your Zenfone 4 Selfie, connect your phone with USB cable for ensuring this connection.
- Transfer the root exploit from your computer to your Smartphone and when done remove the USB cable.
- On your device access recovery mode.
- From recovery tap on Install and load the root file.
- Swipe in order to start the flashing process.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and from there tap on reboot.
- If during the process, phone gets stuck in a boot loop, return to recovery and choose to make a hard reset and clear app data cache.