How to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with Xylon Custom ROM Firmware
The custom ROMs improves the performances for your device, but when you decide to install only. We will teach you how to improve the Galaxy S GT I9000 android device by flashing Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with Xylon Custom ROM firmware. This custom ROM comes with the Android 4.2.2 JB Operating System included.
This custom ROM has been developed by an XDA senior member named “aways” and we want to thank them for this extraordinary work and to share with us this great custom ROM. You need to be an advanced android user and to understand clear all the steps and the instructions listed here.
- Read all the lines from this article, or else your interior system of your device can be seriously damage or to brick them.
- First, in order to safely flash the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom based Xylon ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S smartphone; you need to root your smartphone. In the rooting process your device’s warranty will get void. After you obtained the root rights you need to flash a custom recovery image on your Samsung Galaxy S device (this tool is necessary in the flashing custom ROM process), so don’t skip this point.
- Take a full backup for your Galaxy S data, or else you’ll lose all your personal information like SMS, call logs, contacts list, EFS, your current internet settings, videos files, images, or important documents that you have stored on your device.
We will present you the preparation tasks that you need to follow before you flash the custom ROM. The preparation guide is very important, and the steps must be followed.
- You need a Windows PC and make sure you have an Internet connection available on this PC.
- You will need to use your original USB Samsung Galaxy S cord for do the connection between the PC and the device.
- From the next path : “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” enable the USB debugging option.
- Verify the device battery level to have more than 70% power left. Uninstall the security software from your PC and your Android device. Disable the Firewall and the Antivirus protection.
- Don’t blame us for any of the damage done to your phone during the process.
- Don’t apply the process for any other phone.
Update Galaxy S GT I9000 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with Xylon Custom ROM Firmware – tutorial
- Download the custom ROM update file from here and save it in your PC.
- Download the Google apps package from here and save it in your computer.
- Then, connect your smartphone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Copy and Paste or Move the previous downloaded files on your smartphone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your Android device from PC.
- Turn off your Galaxy S GT I9000 and then boot it into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode on the Samsung Galaxy S, you need to pressing and keep holding on the Volume Up+Menu+Power buttons at the same time.
- Now, into the recovery mode menu, choose “wipe data factory reset” and after that select “wipe cache partition” and after “wipe dalvik cache”.
- After that, you have to come back to the main menu of Recovery Mode menu. Choose “install zip from sd card” and after that “choose zip from sd card”, select the update files that you have been copied before and install it.
- Repeat the step 8, and select to install the ‘Google Apps pack’.
- Now, wait to install the selected files and do not make any change.
- When the flashing process is completely done select “+++go back+++” and after that” reboot system now”.
Note: If your device gets a boot loop, you have to boot once more in your smartphone into Recovery Mode and need to re-wipe the system like in the above guide.
The first boot of your Galaxy S can take more than the normal mode, but don’t worry.
Congratulations, now you successfully learnt how to update the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 to the new Xylon custom ROM firmware based on Android 4.2.2.
Please use our comment section and let us know how your device works with the Xylon custom ROM.