Google Nexus 10 owners have received, received the CM 10.1 M1 ROM and we are going to teach you a step by step method to update it. The Cyanogen Mod 10.1 M1 is more stable than the Nightly Builds of CM 10.1. Pre-requisites:
This article is only for Google Nexus 10 tablet and don’t flash this present ROM on other Android device you can brick them.
- The Google Nexus device should be rootedand the bootloader need it to be unlocked.
- If these conditions are not respected, you cannot flash the custom ROM.
- Verify the battery charge level. Enable USB debugging option on your Android tablet.
- If you’re a beginner Android user you shouldn’t use this guide.
All the modifications that you make on your device only on your own risk and don’t blame us in case you make something wrong. Make a full back up and move all your critical data file to from your internal memory device to your device’s internal SDcard.
Flash CyanogenMod 10.1 M1 ROM for Google Nexus 10 –tutorial
- First, you need to download the CyanogenMod 10.1 M1 ROM from here, and save this pack on your computer without unzip it.
- Download the Gapps for CM 10.1 ROM from HERE. This is the package you need to flash to get all Google application for your tablet. Save it in your PC and do not extract the content of this zip.
- Connect the Google Nexus 10 tablet to your PC with the help of the original USB cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded files on the Google Nexus 10 internal SDcard.
- After you moved the downloaded files, you can disconnect the tablet from the computer.
- Power off your Nexus 10 device.
- Now, boot the tablet into CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery mode, for making this you need to press and keep holding the Volume down and the Power buttons at the same time.
- From the main menu of CWM Recovery chose ‘backup and restore’.
- From there create a Nandroid backup of your existent ROM. Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and then confirm that.
- Now select‘install zip from sdcard’ and there select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ from the new screen.
- Search the ‘CM10.1 M1? ROM zip and confirm that you want to flash it.
- When the custom ROM is flashed successfully, you have select again ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Browse for Gapps for CM 10.1 and flash (install) it.
- Now, go back to the main menu of the ClockworkMod Recovery after the both files have been installed with success, and there select ‘reboot system now’.
- After the reboot, your Nexus 10 tablet will boot under CyanogenMod 10.1 M1 Snapshot ROM.
- Note that this first boot shouldn’t take more than 5 minute to complete.
- Now enter your Google account details and you can enjoy to the CM 10.1 M1 Snapshot build on your Nexus 10.
Note: in case the first boot process takes more time to complete or Nexus 10 tablet gets into a boot loop, you need to force to power of the tablet and then boot in the CWM Recovery mode and repeat the above guide starting with the step 7.
That’s all, now you successfully learnt how to update Update Google Nexus 10 to Official CyanogenMod 10.1 M1 Snapshot ROM.
For any issues or other questions about this guide please, use our comment section