Install Android 4.3 XXUEMK9 Official Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device model number N7100 can be updated now with a new Jelly Bean Firmware. Install Android 4.3 XXUEMK9 Official Jelly Bean Firmware and benefit from its latest feature. If your device is rooted or has a custom ROM installed on it, or you didn’t receive this latest update, you can opt for a manual method to install this feature on the Galaxy Note 2 N7100. The best thing is that this software comes without any bugs.
Just by following this easy manual guide, you can get this updated feature on your mobile set. By rooting this Firmware file on your mobile, the warranty will be restored and you’ll enjoy a stable stock Jelly Bean OS. Once you do this, the root access will be revoked; all the custom applications or settings will be removed and replaced with default settings and applications.
To get the root access back, you need to follow and apply a suitable tutorial for that. In this installing process the ODIN software will be used, which is a flashing tool especially designed by Samsung for these kinds of operations.
Once you use Odin application, remain assured nothing wrong will happen. Despite this assurance, you must get a full backup of all your data stored in Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device internal memory.
In some rare cases, it has also been noticed that when you flash a new ROM by using ODIN application, a wipe action is required. When you perform this action all the data stored on the internal memory of the device gets erased.
So, we always advise to make a full backup of your data by using suitable backup and restore applications from Google Play Store. You can save your contact list, call log history, installed market applications, EFS Folder; all your personal data and all data that you are considering is important for you.
Once you have finished the backup process, you need to ensure that a Windows based PC is near to you because you’ll use it during the step by step flashing guide. In addition to it, a USB cable and the Note 2 device are also required to complete this tutorial.
Once you complete the backup, you need to open the PC and disable all the security applications that are running in your devices. PC and Android device can interact with the flashing process only.
Now, you need to connect the Galaxy Note 2 device to the PC in order to use the Odin flashing tool for installing the new official Android 4.3 Firmware.
Then, the USB debugging mode option must be enabled and the device’ charged battery must have more than 65% power left. If that much power is not left, you must plug in the charger before moving to the next step.
We hope, it is clear to you that this step-by-step guide works with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100 only. Do not try to use the same for any other device otherwise remain ready for unfortunate consequences.
All these instructions listed here are provided for educational or instructional purposes. Do not hold us liable or responsible for any data lost or device damage, if it happens while applying this feature.
How to Install Android 4.3 XXUEMK9 Official JB Firmware on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- Download and save the official Android 4.3 XXUEMK9 Firmware on your PC from here
- Unzip the downloaded file on the PC’s desktop.
- Download ODIN application and install it on the PC.
- Download and install the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers on your PC. If you do not have them, you can use the Samsung KIES application for installing them.
- Run Odin application on your PC.
- Power off the device completely.
- Boot it into Download mode by pressing and keep holding the Power, home and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Connect the Note 2 device to your PC by using a USB cable.
- Now, the ODIN application will try to recognize the Note 2 device, and if everything works well, the ODIN application will display an “added” message and the ID: COM section will turn yellow or blue.
- If the ODIN application doesn’t recognize the device, you’ll have to disconnect the USB cord from the PC and report the step-by-step guide once again.
- From ODIN, select the “PDA” button.
- Browse and pick the update file from the extracted location on your desktop.
- Do not make any other changes on ODIN.
- From ODIN, click on “start” button.
- Now, just wait until the new Android 4.3 is installed.
- When the ODIN displays the “pass” message and the ID: COM section turns green, only then the Firmware file is completely flashed.
- Disconnect the USB cable and reboot the device.
If the device gets stuck or it enters into a boot loop, you’ll have to wipe the system and clear the cache memory.
For doing that you need to do:
- Boot the device into recovery mode
- From the recovery mode, select ”wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition”.
- Now return to recovery and select “reboot system now”.
- Note: the first boot will take longer to be completed than usual.
If the Odin application gets stuck or isn’t working as we explained during the step-by-step guide, you have to:
- Close the ODIN
- Force restart the Note 2 device
- Reinstall the USB drivers on the PC once again.
- Reboot the device into download mode.
- Run ODIN on the PC and repeat all the update process once again from the starting.
Congratulation! You have successfully learnt how to manually update the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device to official Android 4.3 XXUEMK9 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Did you test the new firmware on the Galaxy Note 2 device, please share with us your experience by clicking in our comment section below. If you have other supplementary questions, don’t hesitate to ask for help.