Last week Samsung has released by OTA a new firmware update for its Galaxy Note N7000 device named Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT6. This new update comes to resolve some bugs and issues in the previous XXLT5 system. This update is pushed out by Samsung for its Galaxy Note model number N7000 device.
The latest firmware comes with some improvements of Android 4.1.2 JB version and it fixes some camera and battery drain issues. In order to apply a manual method for installing the new firmware on Note n7000 device:
- Don’t skip any section or step from this step by step tutorial.
- This tutorial works with both devices rooted and un-rooted Samsung devices.
- The warranty will be kept and in case on your device has a custom ROM installed and the warranty will be restored.
- Backup all your data.
- You will need a Windows powered PC, the Note N7000 device and its original USB cord.
- Deactivate or disable all the security applications which are running on devices, PC and Android device.
- Enable the USB debugging option from your Note device, for doing that go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and make sure this option is enabled there.
- Make sure that the battery power left level is more than 80%.
- These instructions and information are only for educational and instructional purpose.
How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT6 Firmware – manually method
- First, download and install the suitable USB drivers for your device, you can download Samsung KIES for verifying if the suitable drivers are installed on your PC.
- Second, download the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT6 Firmware file from here and save it in your PC.
- Now, download Odin app and save it in your computer, after the download is done extract the ODIN archive on your desktop folder PC and install the ODIN app.
- Extract the downloaded update file on your PC.
- Open Odin.
- Power off your Note N7000 device.
- Boot it into Download mode, for entering into Download Mode for Galaxy Note N7000 device, you have to press and keep holding the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons at the same time.
- Now, with your device booted into Download Mode, connect the device using its USB cord.
- Verify into ODIN app and make sure there is a notified “added” message and the ID: COM zone colored on yellow or blue color.
- In case there isn’t the added message or is different, you will have to safely remove the USB cable from the PC.
- Now, from the Odin app select “PDA”.
- Browse and select the update file from your PC.
- Important: make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked and also don’t perform any other change into ODIN interface.
- Next, when you want to begin the installation process, press the “Start” button from ODIN app, now the flashing process will start, and you need to wait.
- After ODIN app will say “pass” message you can disconnect your device from the PC.
- Reboot your device.
In case Odin gets stuck during the flashing process you have to do:
- Close Odin application from your PC.
- Now, disconnect the Note N7000 device from the PC
- Force-restart your Samsung Note N7000.
- Change the USB port where it is connected your device to the PC and use Samsung KIES for reinstalling the suitable drivers once again on the PC.
- Run Odin app again.
- Reboot your Android device into download mode once again.
- Connect the Note N7000 device via USB port.
- Repeat all the steps from above.
In case the Galaxy Note N7000 gets stuck or it will enter in a boot loop you have to do:
- Reboot in your Android device into recovery mode. To do that you need to press and keep holding the Power + Volume UP + Home buttons simultaneously;
- Now, from recovery mode menu select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Next, select “+++go back+++” and comeback the device to the main Recovery Mode menu
From there select “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, now you successfully learned how to install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT6 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device.