Install Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT6 Firmware on Galaxy Note N7000
Last week Samsung has been released by OTA a new firmware update for its Galaxy Note N7000 device; this update is named Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT6. During this article, we will teach you a step by step guide about how you can manually install this new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT6 firmware on Note N7000 device.
This new update comes more to resolve some bugs and issues that had been reported for the previous XXLT5 system. It comes to be more stable update and to improve the Android 4.1.2 experience. In case you want to know learn how to install the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT6 firmware then you need to follow the step by step guide from below.
Before starting the installation guide you need to follow some prerequisites required to be applied firstly:
This update is an official one and has been released and pushed out by Samsung for its Galaxy Note model number N7000 device.
This update isn’t rolled out for all users in the same time, and some users will receive this update sooner than other.
This latest firmware can be applied only for the Note device which is running on an official Android OS, in case you have a Note N7000 device which is rooted or have a custom ROM running on it, then you won’t be able to flash this software with the automatically OTA notification.
That’s reason you will have need to use a manually procedure to flash this update on your device.
This latest firmware comes with some improvements of Android 4.1.2 JB version and you need know that this latest update doesn’t come with big changes in the trend of features, apps and performances, and it is coming more such as bugs fixer, camera issues and battery drain issues have been fixed.
In order to apply a manually method for installing the new firmware on Note n7000 device you need following the below list of guidelines
- You have to don’t skip any section or step from this step by step tutorial because if you mess a step you can easily get bricked your device.
- This tutorial works with both devices rooted and un-rooted Samsung devices, but after you apply this update and you have a rooted device the root access will be revoked, because this is official firmware and not a custom ROM firmware.
- The warranty will be kept and in case on your device you have a custom ROM installed and you’ll install this stock firmware the warranty will be restored.
- Event thought you’ll install official firmware and you won’t lose the warranty a manually method is still a complex and risky operation, and for applying this guide you need to be an Advanced Android user, who know exactly what have to do.
- Backup all your data, if your device won’t boot after the first reboot with the official firmware installed on it, in some case, rare ones, all the data stored into internal device’s memory will be deleted if you’ll apply a wipe the system to force your device for booting into normal mode, and for that’s reason we strongly recommend that make a full backup for your data.
- So, for avoiding these bad situation backup the EFS folder, call logs history, internet settings, market applications, synchronize all your contacts with your Gmail account, be sure you copy and paste al your documents, images, videos on local or in the cloud.
- During the step by step flashing guide, you’ll have need a Windows powered PC, the Note N7000 device and its original USB cord.
- Deactivate or disable all the security applications which are running on devices, PC and Android device. These kinds of programs can interfere with the installation process and them to interrupt the same.
- Enable the USB debugging option from your Note device, for doing that go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and make sure this option is enabled there.
- Make sure that the battery power left level is more than 80%; otherwise your device can take a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process if it doesn’t have enough power in its battery and this bad thing can damage your device.
- All these instructions and information that I have listed here are only for educational and instructional purposing, and we (android.sc team) cannot be held liable or responsible if you’ll lose any data or damage your device during or after the installation process.
I think these are all prerequisites that you need to follow before you move to the next section where I will teach you the step by step guide to update Galaxy Note N7000 device to stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT6 Firmware
How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT6 Firmware – manually method:
- Firstly, download and install the suitable USB drivers for your device, you can download Samsung KIES for verifying if the suitable drivers are installed on your PC.
- Secondly, download the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT6 Firmware file from here and save it in your PC.
- Now, download Odin app and save it in your computer, after the download is done extract the ODIN archive on your desktop folder PC and install the ODIN app.
- Extract the downloaded update file on your PC.
- Open Odin.
- Power off your Note N7000 device.
- Boot it into Download Mode, for entering into Download Mode for Galaxy Note N7000 device, you have to press and keep holding the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons on the same time.
- Now, with your device booted into Download Mode, connect the device using its USB cord.
- Verify into ODIN app and make sure there is a notified “added” message and the ID:COM zone colored on yellow or blue color.
- In case there isn’t the added message or is different, you will have to safe remove the USB cable from the PC and to change the USB port for connection to the PC and also re-install the drivers on your computer; After you have done all these operations repeat the steps from the starting.
- Now, from the Odin app select “PDA”.
- Browse and select the update file from your PC.
- Important: make sure that the Re-partition option is unchecked and also don’t perform any other change into ODIN interface.
- Next, when you want to beginning the installation process, press the “Start” button from ODIN app, now the flashing process will start, and you need to wait.
- After ODIN app will say “pass” message you can disconnect your device from the PC.
- Reboot your device.
Issues and Troubleshooting that can frequently appear when you manually install a new firmware:
In case Odin gets stuck during the flashing process you have to do:
• Close Odin application from your PC.
• Now, disconnect the Note N7000 device from the PC
• Force-restart your Samsung Note N7000.
• Change the USB port where it is connected your device to the PC and use Samsung KIES for reinstalling the suitable drivers once again on the PC.
• Run Odin app again.
• Reboot your Android device into download mode once again.
• Connect the Note N7000 device via USB port.
• Repeat all the steps from above.
In case the Galaxy Note N7000 gets stuck or it will enter in a boot loop you have to do:
• Reboot in your Android device into recovery mode. To do that you need to press and keep holding the Power + Volume UP + Home buttons simultaneous;
• Now, from recovery mode menu select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
• Next, select “+++go back+++” and comeback the device to the main Recovery Mode menu
From there select “reboot system now”.
Congratulation, now you successfully learned how to install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT6 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device.
For any other supplementary questions, you can use our comment section from below.