In this post, we have presented a step by step guide about how to install the official OmniROM Android 4.4.2 builds to Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 device. More information about OmniROM KitKat 4.4.2 NighltyROM can be found here.
- This process can be used with the International Galaxy S3 LTE model number I9305 device. Do not apply the process on any other phone.
- The Galaxy S 3 LTE device has to be rooted and has to run the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery Image.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the actual running ROM; this backup will represent a restore point for your device in case the device doesn’t boot in the normal mode.
- A Factory Reset action is required for Galaxy S3 device; we will teach you how to do this during the process.
- Note that a Factory Reset action will wipe all data from the device’s system partition; it will leave the Internal and External sdcards unaffected.
- Now, take the backup of data stored into device such as installed applications, SMS, MMS, and all other important data for you, you can use Helium application for Android by using this guide.
- Now, make a full sync of all your contacts information by using your Gmail account.
- Ensure that the smartphone’s battery charge level is more than 60. Use this post only for educational and instructional purpose. Our team will not be held responsible for any damage caused.
- Make sure that you’ll read all instructions from here and do not skip any steps from this guide.
- For supplementary questions, please use the comment section from below.
How to install the OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightly to Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 device: Step by Step Guide
- Download the latest build of the Omni ROM KitKat Nighlty custom ROM file for Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 device from here.
- Now, download the Gapps file for this custom ROM based on Android 4.4.2 firmware from here.
- Next, connect the device to the PC and move both zip files to its internal storage.
- Do not unzip the downloaded files, and disconnect the S3 device from PC when the downloaded files are successfully copied.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S3 device completely.
- Now, boot the device in the CWM Recovery Mode or TWRP mode. You can use this guide from here.
- Next, create a full Nandroid Backup for your actual running ROM by selecting ‘backup and restore’, then give a name for the file and confirm the backup process.
- Apply the Factory Reset process by selecting ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and then confirm the process.
- Note that if the S3 device already has a previous OmniROM KitKat Nightly build, you can skip this step.
- In case you skip the Factory Reset and the device refuses to boot, you should repeat the guide from the start and to apply Factory Reset step.
- Flash the new OmniROM firmware Android 4.4.2 Nightly custom ROM on Galaxy S3 LTE device by selecting ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Now, find the copied OmniROM 4.4.2 Nightly zip file and confirm for its installation.
- After the new custom ROM is installed, you should repeat the step 8 for installing the Gapps zip application.
- Now, after the both files are successfully installed you should return to the custom Recovery on the main menu and from there boot the S3 device in normal mode.
- Note that the first boot of the device will takes several minutes to complete, don’t worry it is normal.
- Now, insert your Google Account information and get control over the device.
If the first process will take more time than usual or fails and doesn’t load the new home logo, or the device enters into a boot loop, repeat steps as given above. .
Note: Don’t skip any step from here and be sure that you apply the Factory Reset step, and you might try to do the Format /System option.
Note: If you don’t like the new custom ROM and the way it’s working you can restore your previous ROM by using the previously created Nandroid backup file. Use our comment section from below for other supplementary questions.