Root Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMF1 firmware
You will learn how to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 model number N5100 running on the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean named XXBMF1 firmware. This root method will use ODIN application. In order to successfully complete the rooting the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 device.
- This tutorial and all the instructions work for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 model number N5100 only.
- So don’t try to use the same on any other device.
- Install the suitable and proper USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 model number N5100 device to your PC.
- Now, make sure that the USB Debugging Mode option from the Developer Options menu is enabled.
- Next, uninstall or disable all the security programs such as antivirus, firewall from devices, PC and Android device. Also, disable Samsung KIES application. These programs can interfere with the rooting process and can stop the ODIN app to root your device.
- Verify the tablet’s battery to have enough power left, make sure the power left level is more than 85% before starting the root process.
- Backup all your data stored on your device.
- If you want to apply this guide for your device, don’t blame us in case you’ll lose any data during and after the rooting process or you damage /brick your tablet.
- Make sure you read all the information and instructions listed in this post, and don’t skip any steps from step by step tutorial.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMF1 Jelly Bean using CF Auto-Root:
- Download the CF Auto Root zip file from HERE and make sure you’ll save it on your PC.
- Unzip the downloaded CF Auto Root zip file.
- Now, download ODIN3 v3.07, save it in your PC, unzip the ODIN archive file.
- Power off the Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 device.
- Next, Boot the Android device into Download Mode.
- While your device is into download mode, connect the Android device to PC using the USB cord.
- Open the Odin folder that you have extracted on the step 3 and from there launch ODIN exe.
- Verify on the ODIN interface and make sure that the Odin app say that the device has been ‘added’.
- If the Odin app doesn’t recognize the device, then you have disconnect the USB cord, and change the USB port from PC and reinstall the USB drivers once again on your PC.
- Now, from the ODIN app, click the PDA button, browse the CF-Auto-Root-kona3g-kona3gxx-gtn5100.tar.md5 and load it into ODIN.
- Important: don’t make any other default change on the ODIN interface.
- Verify and make sure that the Re-Partition option is disabled into ODIN app.
- When everything is setting such above, you can start the root process click the START button from ODIN, immediately will begin the rooting process
- Now, wait for Odin successfully complete the rooting process.
- When the rooting process is done, you will see a confirmation message from the ODIN app and an automatically reboot will be performed.
- Now, the last configuration is that to join your Google Account details after the home screen is displayed.
Congratulations, the process is successfully completed.
Note 1: If ODIN app it display the FAIL message or its interface will be frozen, in this case you have to do:
- Disconnect your device from the PC
- Close the ODIN app.
- Repeat the entire tutorial once again.
NOTE 2: In case ODIN says that the root process has been done, but the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 device doesn’t past the Samsung animation logo display, you have to apply a factory reset, for doing that you have to:
- Power off the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 device totally and disconnect it from PC.
- Now, boot the android device into Recovery Mode.
- From the Recovery Mode menu select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. (This action will delete all the contents from your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 device).
- After the wipe action, get back to the main Recovery menu.
- From the main Recovery Mode menu select ‘reboot system now’.
- Now, your device should to boot on the new rooted ROM.
In case you have supplementary questions or you cannot complete the above tutorial, then you can use our comments section for requiring extra help.