Update Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with SlimBean Build 7 custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device has been a powerful device. During this article we will teach you how to update the same with a custom ROM firmware which is built on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Slim Bean build 7 firmware.
Slim Bean is a custom ROM firmware which integrated popular platforms like CM 10.1 and AOKP or ParanoidAndroid. So, this firmware adds new firmware, stability, new applications and other capability.
This latest Slim Bean build 7 is based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Software. Of course, this is a custom ROM, and after updating it the Note device will be running on a custom Android OS.
SlimBean Build 7 is a stable version of firmware and comes with numerous customized features and tweaks. It comes with QS and Notifications to navrings, Privacy Guard, Privacy Guard Manager, SMS Middleware layer, option for subtle vibration notification during calls, all init.d scripts removed, support for m7att and m7tmo, translation updates, optimizations and fixes features, contacts apps aware of blacklisting being disabled features.
Also, the latest SlimBean build 7 firmware will run faster. When a custom Rom is running on an Android device; it has access to the internal file system of your Note N7000 device, and that can be an advantage or a disadvantage.
SlimBean build 7 is stable and it comes with numerous features without bugs or other reported issues. It is based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware and is especially developed to run smoothly on the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- First, take the backup of all of your personal data stored on the internal device memory. The flashing process will wipe all data saved on the internal storage memory.
- The galaxy Note device should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- Download and install the suitable USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy on your PC.
- Get a full backup for your actual ROM, use a Nandroid backup, this is necessary to save or restore the actual ROM firmware.
- This is an unofficial update and isn’t released by Samsung, so the warranty of the Note device will get void.
- In case, you want to restore the warranty, you should downgrade to stock an official Android firmware or of course update your device with an officially released Jelly Bean firmware.
- A PC and the USB cable will be used in the installation process.
- Uninstall or disable all the security application from both your PC and phablet.
- Enable the USB debugging option, for doing that Press Menu>> Settings>>Applications. And from there click on Development option and make sure that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled.
- Verify the Galaxy Note battery to have above 85% battery charge level.
- If you want to read more about this latest custom ROM you can visit this thread.
- We want to thanks xda-developers who have developed this process.
- Also, SlimBean Build 7 custom ROM presented here works only with Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
- Do not apply the same on any other variant devices because you can brick or damage the device.
- For be sure about the device model navigate to Settings > About phone > Model Number.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with Slim Bean build 7 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the latest the Slim Bean JB 4.2.2 ROM file from here.
- Download Google Apps pack from here. The Gapps is not including on the Slim Beam pack, and for this reason it will be installed separately.
- Save both downloaded file on the PC and do not unzip them.
- Connect the Note smartphone to the PC using USB cable.
- Move (copy/paste) the downloaded files from the PC to the Note device.
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Turn off the device.
- Reboot it into Recovery Mode. To do that press and keep holding Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously.
- Now, from the Recovery Mode menu you need to wipe the system, for doing that select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Next, return to the main Recovery Mode menu.
- From the main Recovery Mode menu select “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from SD card”.
- Browse and pick the copied Slim Bean ROM file and confirm its installation,
- Repeat the installation operation from above (step 11 and 12) for installing the Google Apps pack.
- Now, select “+++go back+++” and choose “reboot system now”.
Now, the Note device will boot for the first time running customized SlimBean Build 7 this first but will take about six minutes.
For verifying the new custom ROM firmware version navigate to Settings>> About phone.
Congratulation, you have successfully installed Slim Bean build 7 custom ROM base d on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
For any other supplementary questions please use our comment section below.