Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Custom ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Firmware, Stable and Fastest
If you want to install a stable and faster custom ROM based on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000, during this present step by step guide I will teach you how you can apply this custom firmware. Before to start the step by step guide about how to flash this …
If you want to install a stable and faster custom ROM based on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000, during this present step by step guide I will teach you how you can apply this custom firmware. Before to start the step by step guide about how to flash this firmware update you need to make sure follow and don’t skip any step from the preparation guide below, and some prerequisites required.
As you probably know that Samsung didn’t push the ICS Jelly Bean Android firmware for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 device which solve the issues and 512 MB RAM restriction, but with the help of a custom ROM this issues were fixed.
Preparation Guide and Pre Requisites:
- Back-up all the data stored on the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 on the internal device’s memory, so you can use our back-up tutorials and the specific Google Market applications for back-up.
- For a safe backup for your important data make sure you’ll save your SMS using the SMS Backup and Restore application, sync your contacts with your Gmail account, save your Call Logs history using the Call Logs and Restore application, also save your images, songs, documents, videos and all other important files for you.
- Save the APN and MMS settings from the following path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names” and make sure you note down the settings customization.
- From the path: “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” make sure you will need to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Make sure the minimum battery level for the power left is more than 65% or else your device cat get a forced power off in the middle of the installation process.
- This firmware presented in this article is a custom ROM and for install the same make sure the Android device is rooted and has installed a custom recovery image such as CWM or TWRP recovery on it.
- Also, you can install a custom Recovery image from the “ROM Manager” app downloaded from the Google Play Market Store. For checking if your device is rooted or not you can use Root Checker app.
Disclaimer: All the instructions and information listed in this step by step tutorial are here only for educational and instructional purpose, so we shall not be held liable or responsible in case you’ll lose any data or you brick or damage your device applying this tutorial. In case, you’ll apply this tutorial you’ll be the only one own responsible for your actions.
I think these are all prerequisites that you need to follow in order to move to the next section where we will teach you how to upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 device with this custom ROM based in the latest Jelly Bean Android OS
Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with the Android 4.2.2 Jellybean OS using a stable and fastest custom ROM:
- Firstly, download custom ROM based on official Android 4.2.2 Firmware pack file.
- Secondly, download Google Apps Pack from here and save it in your PC.
- Now, download Add On Package and Touch Wiz Apps Package files and save them in your PC.
- Connect the Android device to the PC using the original USB cable.
- Move all downloaded files in the smartphone.
- Now power off the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
- Boot it into Recovery Mode, to do this press the Volume UP + Menu Button + Power button simultaneous. Note: Alternatively, you can put the smartphone into recovery mode using ROM Manager App. In case, you’ll receive any error you’ll need to install a custom recovery image using ROM Manager App.
- Now, from recovery Mode you have to clear the cache and wipe the data using appropriate option
- Next, select “Install Zip from SD Card’ and browse and select the Official Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package, Google Apps Package, Add On Package and Touch Wiz Apps Packages one after other which you have copied in the device to install the custom ROM and its applications.
- Now, wait around 10 minutes for installing the custom ROM firmware.
- Once the custom ROM firmware is installed successfully, select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
In case, the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 gets into the boot loop or it say gets stuck on the first reboot you have to remove the device’s battery and after that repeat the entire above step by step guide.
Congratulation, you successfully learned how to apply the latest custom ROM firmware based on officially Android 4.2.2 on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 device.
Please let us know, in our comment section from below if you have any other supplementary questions or just in case if you face any issues or problems to understand this tutorial.