If you want to install a stable and faster custom ROM based on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. We will teach you how you can apply this custom firmware.
Samsung has not pushed the ICS Jelly Bean Android firmware for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 device which solves the issues and 512 MB RAM restriction.
- Take the back-up of all of the data stored on the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 on the internal device’s memory.
- For a safe backup for your important data, make sure you’ll save your SMS using the SMS Backup and Restore application, sync your contacts with your Gmail account, save your Call Logs history using the Call logs and restore application. Also save your images, songs, documents, videos and all other important files for you.
- Save the APN and MMS settings from the following path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names” and make sure you note down the settings customization.
- From the path: “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” make sure you will need to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Make sure the minimum battery level for the power left is more than 65% or else your device cat get a forced power off in the middle of the installation process.
- This firmware is a custom ROM and for installing the same, make sure the Android device is rooted and has installed a custom recovery image such as CWM or TWRP recovery on it.
- Also, you can install a custom recovery image from the “ROM Manager” app downloaded from the Google Play Market Store. For checking if your device is rooted or not you can use Root Checker app.
Disclaimer: All instructions are here only for educational and instructional purpose, so we shall not be held liable or responsible in case you lose any data or damage your device.
Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with the Android 4.2.2 Jellybean OS using a stable and fastest custom ROM:
- First, download custom ROM based on official Android 4.2.2 Firmware packfile.
- Second, download Google Apps Pack from here and save it in your PC.
- Now, download Add On Package and Touch Wiz Apps Package files and save them in your PC.
- Connect the Android device to the PC using the original USB cable.
- Move all downloaded files in the smartphone.
- Now power off the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
- Boot it into Recovery Mode, to do this press the Volume UP + Menu Button + Power button simultaneously.
- Note: Alternatively, you can put the smartphone into recovery mode using ROM Manager App. In case, you receive any error you’ll need to install a custom recovery image using ROM Manager App.
- Now, from recovery Mode you have to clear the cache and wipe the data using appropriate option
- Next, select “Install Zip from SD Card’ and browse and select the Official Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package, Google Apps Package, Add On Package and Touch Wiz Apps Packages one after other which you have copied in the device to install the custom ROM and its applications.
- Now, wait around 10 minutes for installing the custom ROM firmware.
- Once the custom ROM firmware is installed successfully, select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
In case, the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 gets into the boot loop or it stuck on the first reboot, you have to remove the device’s battery and after that repeat the entire above steps.
Congratulations, you successfully learnt how to apply the latest custom ROM firmware based on officially Android 4.2.2 on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 device.