Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DUEMA1 Firmware
Hey folks! Are you using Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T? Cheer up! We are sharing a good news for you. Now a new official update is available for your device. This new update is named as DUEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Many S3 users would have received this latest update by OTA on their device, but for those users who can’t update automatically with this firmware, we have brought a step-by-step guide explaining every bit of details to install this Firmware.
This method is perfect for all those who have installed and are running a custom ROM firmware or have a rooted device. In case you don’t receive this update by OTA or you cannot use the KIES application to install this new firmware, you also can use this manual guide.
If you want to install the DUEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official stock update, you need to know that you don’t have to use a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP tools or to have a rooted device. For installing this official update, we will use the ODIN application.
If you have installed the DUEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update into S3 device, you can apply a proper root method to obtain the root rights in your S3 Smartphone.
The Android 4.1.2 DUEMA1 Firmware has the PDA: I9300TDUEMA1 no and CSC: I9300TTHLEMA1.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- Firstly you need to know that this guide and all instructions listed here are provided only for educational and instructional purpose. Don’t blame us or hold us liable in case something doesn’t work well.
- Remember, not to skip any step from this tutorial and the correct order as well. We also warn you not to use it if you don’t have enough experience and you aren’t an advanced android user.
- Back-up all the data that you have stored in your device’ internal memory, to make it sure that you can restore them in case your smartphone doesn’t boot in the new firmware update.
- Save your SMS, EFS folder, call logs, internet setting, sync your contacts with your Gmail account, back-up your entire market app or any data that you think is important for you. It is always better to have a back-up of your personal data, before you start to make changes in your device, like a firmware update.
- When you’re installing official firmware, the warranty for your device will be restored if you have installed a custom ROM previously or your device has been rooted before.
- Make sure that your battery is more than 70% charged to complete this entire process.
- Install the proper USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T device to your Windows PC, this computer will be used to flash the update file with the ODIN app installed on it.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode option. This thing will make possible connection between the Android device and your PC.
- You need to know that the present tutorial is for a carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 devices. So don’t try to install this update on a locked device without an explicit mentioned point in the step-by-step guide.
- This tutorial and all the instructions listed here can be applied only for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300T. Don’t try to apply the same for any other device. This can damage your device.
- After you have installed the official update on your device, all additional customization as root, custom Recovery image, custom ROM and so on will be lost. If you want to root your device after the flashing update, you can use a proper guide to root it. To unroot the device again, official firmware need to be flashed on your device.
- Run the ODIN application as Administrator or with Administrator rights for your profile on your PC.
- Use ODIN only with the Window based PCs, if you have other OS you can use Heimdall app.
How to update the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official firmware TDUEMA1 version on the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 device –:
- First of all, download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9300TDUEMA1 file from here and save it in your PC.
- Now, extract once the downloaded zip file on your Desktop. You should have a .tar.md5 file after you extracted the archive.
- Download the Odin 3.07 in your PC, save it in your PC and extract its content in one single folder. You should get Odin3 v3.07.exe and other few files.
- Turn off completely your S3 phone and after that boot it into Download Mode. To enter in the Download Mode for Galaxy S3 I9300T, you need to press and hold in the same time the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons until the Android logo robot displays. Now press the Power button once more and you’re now in the Download Mode.
- Open the Odin3 v3.07.exe file that you have already extracted as an Administrator
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 device to your PC using the USB cord. When the connection is done you’ll see on the ODIN app interface a message saying “Added!!”.
- If the “Added” message doesn’t appear, you need to try another USB port. If this resolves the connection issues, you have to reinstall the USB drivers.
- Now, when the ODIN displays “Added!!” message and you need to see the COM port colored on blue or yellow color that means you can move to the next step, because your device has been successfully connected.
- Now, you need to load the update files from the I9300TDUEMA1 folder that you created when you have extracted the downloaded archive. To load the files you need to:
- Click the PDA button, browse the .tar.md5 and load it.
Click the Phone Button and select the file that contain the *modem* in its name, add this file only if you have it on the extracted firmware folder.
Click on the CSC button and load the file that contain the *csc* in its name, add this file only if you have in the extracted update folder. Click the PIT button, browse and select the .pit file only if you have extracted previously, in the firmware folder.
- In the ODIN windows do not change any settings. Only make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are only two that are selected. Make sure that the Re-Partition checkbox is selected in case you added a .pit file in Odin app.
- When you’re ready to flash the new firmware on your S3 device, press the START button.
- Now, wait until the flashing process is done. During the installation process your smartphone will reboot automatically and when the installation is done, PASS message with the green background will notify you the update process is completely done.
- Now disconnect your device from your PC by safely removing its USB cord.
- That’s all you need to follow in order to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 device with the Android Jelly Bean build I9300TDUEMA1 firmware.
Note: If your Galaxy S3 I9300T stuck or entering in a boot loop, you need to enter in the recovery mode again. To do this press and keep the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously. And from the Recovery Mode Menu perform a Wipe data/Factory Reset and after that Wipe Cache Partition.
Now comeback in the main menu of the Recovery Mode Menu and select reboot system option to reboot your device. After your smartphone has been booted for the first time in the new Android 4.1.2 update firmware, you can verify the update version from the next path: Settings > About phone.
If you need more help or you are facing some issues to complete this tutorial, please don’t hesitate to ask in our comment section. All the best!