Don’t you want to have the latest Firmware for your device? All smartphone users wish to get the trendy Firmwares. If you’re an owner for Galaxy Note N700, there is good news for you.
You can install the official Android 4.1.2 DDLSC Jelly Bean firmware update and for this we have brought a tutorial, a step-by-step guide to install it on your device. This firmware has been rolled out via OTA for India, and its features come with a new interface like Nature UX interface.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- Firstly, you need to know that this article can be applied even if the Samsung Galaxy N7000 device is rooted.
- This guide is for the Galaxy’s N7000 users who don’t want to wait for the official OTA update notification on their device. It is a manual installation guide with the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
- This article and all the instructions we have presented here are only for the Samsung Galaxy Note model number N7000. Don’t try to apply it for any other device otherwise it may get damaged.
- Deactivate/Disable all the security protection programs that you‘re running in your PC and on your device. These programs can interfere with the updating process and can cause interruptions.
- Install in your PC, the proper drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- Enable the USB Debugging option in your Android device.
- Back-up all your critical information by moving the same in to your Computer.
- All the information listed here are only for instructional and educational purposes. So don’t blame the android.sc team, if something goes wrong.
- Verify the level of power in your device’ battery. It should be charged enough to carry the rooting process.
- Make sure you read and understand all the instructions listed here and don’t skip any step or the correct order that I put in this article.
- This tutorial will work and is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 devices, which are running stock Android ROMs firmware. In case your device is rooted, we’ve included an optional part for the rooted devices in this guide.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 DDLSC Jelly Bean Firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
- Firstly, download the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Ota update pack from HERE.
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, after that you’ll get a ‘.tar.md5? or simply a ‘.tar’ file.
- Next step is to download the Odin 3.0.4 application from here and to extract the downloaded archive in a single folder in your PC.
- This step is only for the ROOTED devices: Use these instructions, if your device is rooted and you want to keep the root access after you’ve applied the update. In case your device is not rooted, this step isn’t necessary.
- First, download the OTA RootKeeper app from here.
- Open the OTA RootKeeper application from your device and tap on the Protect Root’ option. This option helps you to keep the root for your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device.
- After that tap on the ‘Temp Unroot’ option to unroot temporally your Android device.
- Now, leave the OTA RootKeeper app with the close button.
- Now, switch off your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device.
- Now reboot your device into Download Mode. To do that, you need to press the Volume down, home and power buttons simultaneously until the menu alert appears and there you need to press the Volume Up button to launch the Download Mode for your N7000 device.
- Now, from your PC, launch the Odin app by clicking on its exe file.
- Connect your Samsung N7000 device to your OC using its original USB cord.
- On the Odin application, an ‘Added’ message will be displayed, that means you can move to the next action.
- Now, click ‘PDA’ button and search the extracted ‘tar.md5? file that you extracted previously and load this file in the ODIN app. Don’t make any other change in the ODIN app, let all the settings remain in ‘by default’ stage.
- Now on the ODIN app, press the Start button to begin manually updating process.
- Now, wait until the process is done. When the process is successfully completed, the Odin app will display the PASS message.
- Now, disconnect your Android N7000 device from your computer by removing the USB cable.
Note: If the Odin application give you a ‘fail alert’ or freeze its process, you need to disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device from your PC. After that close the Odin application, and go and remove the smartphone’s battery. Wait for more than 5 seconds with the battery removed and after that reinsert the battery into your device.
- Reboot your device in the Download Mode and repeat the update guide again.
- In case your device isn’t able to boot and don’t pass of the boot animation logo, you have to do a ‘factory reset’ act, this action will make your device to enter in the new OS update.
In the next section, you’ll find how to boot your smartphone from the Recovery mode in the new Android 4.1.2 (DDLSC) Jelly Bean update:
- First you need to power off your N7000 device and remove its battery, wait for 5 seconds and after that reinsert its battery.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode, to do that press and keep holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- From the Recovery Mode select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option, and after that confirm this action.
- Now, from the ‘Recovery Mode’ select ‘reboot system now’ option, your N7000 device will enter in the new OS firmware update.
For root only devices: If your device was rooted before you’ve applied this latest update, and you want to keep the root access in the new android OS firmware update, you need to follow these instructions:
- With your device in the normal mode running, open the OTA RootKeeper application.
- From the OTA RootKeeper app, tap on the Restore Root button. This action will restore your root access in the N7000 smartphone.
- Note, in case you’ve applied a ‘factory reset’ action, you won’t be able to restore your root access and the device will rest in the stock ROM update without root rights.
Congratulation! Now you have successfully learnt how manually update the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device with the latest 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DDLSC firmware update.
I hope you’ll enjoy the new features that the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DDLSC firmware brings for your device.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section below. We wish to know your views once you use this Firmware. All feedbacks are welcome.