Update the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMB3 version – Manual Method
If you have a Galaxy S3 device and you want to improve its performance with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean experience, read the entire tutorial. This will help you to update manually your S3 Mini device with the latest XXAMB3 official firmware OS.
If you failed to receive the OTA release on your device and you need to install manually this latest update, our manual guide will show you the way.
The Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMB3 Operating System has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini smartphone by Samsung in the recent past. This new update can be installed through OTA in your device or by using the KIES app for your smartphone.
Depending on the place from where you bought your device, may be, the OTA update is not available and because of this reason only a manual method could be feasible. After you installed this Android 4.1.2 XXAMB3 OS on your device, all the features that the OTA update has will be available on your S3 Mini device.
The XXAMB3 OS doesn’t come with significant changes. This firmware is coming to resolve some bugs and problems that were reported in the previous versions of JB 4.1.2.
If you want to have a stable OS on your device and the latest Android OS available for your S3 Mini, you need to follow these guidelines.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- You can install this update for the rooted or powered by a custom ROM firmware smartphones.
- Back-up all data, which you have saved on the internal storage memory of your Galaxy S3 Mini device. This operation is necessary, if something doesn’t work well and you l lose your information, in that case you can use this back-up for restoring all your data. In order to perform a back-up, you need to save your SMS, you need to sync your contacts with the Gmail account, save your call logs, your market applications installed on your device and save your internet connection. Make a full back-up of your current custom ROM installed on your device with Nandroid back-up from your installed custom Recovery Image.
- You’ll need a Windows PC and the original USB cord.
- Install the ODIN application on your PC, and use this program in the flashing process. Without this software, it isn’t possible to install the update. I will give you the link where you can download the ODIN app.
- Uninstall or disable the security programs like antivirus or firewall that is running on your PC and your Android device.
- Verify the level of your S3 Mini device’ battery, and charge it to have more than 70% power left.
- Enable USB debugging option to make possible connection between your device and the PC. For doing this, follow the next path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”
- This manual flashing process can be applied for unrooted devices. Because this is an official XXAMB3 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS.
- If you have a rooted device, when you flash your device with this official stock ROM the root access will be revoked, the bootloader will be unlockd, and the warranty for your device will be restored.
- Apply this tutorial and all instructions listed here only for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I8190, don’t try to use the same for any other devices, otherwise you can end to break your phone.
How to update the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 with the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMB3 OS – The Manual Guide.
- Download and install in your computer Samsung KIES from here, to install the proper drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S3 device. If you have already installed the drivers on your PC, you can skip this step.
- Download ODIN app from here, after you downloaded the same, install it on your PC.
- Download the Update file from here.
- Extract the downloaded update file on your PC.
- Now, from your PC run the ODIN application.
- Reboot your S3 Mini smartphone into download mode, to do that; you need to turn it off and reboot the smartphone in the download mode by pressing the Power, Volume Down and OK buttons simultaneously.
- Now, with your smartphone in the Download Mode, connect the device to the PC using the USB cable.
- After the connection is established, on the Odin application, you should see the ID:COM is yellow or blue and at the same time the “added” message is displayed. In another case, you need to reinstall the proper drivers for your device on your PC, and repeat the procedure from the first step.
- Now, from the ODIN app select “PDA” for updating your smartphone.
- Pick the update file and click on the “Start” button, for beginning the flashing process.
- Now, wait until the flashing process is complete and the Odin notifies you with the “pass” message.
- Disconnect your device by removing the USB cable and after that reboot your smartphone.
Note: If during the flashing process, the ODIN app gets stuck, you need to close the ODIN application, and after that to disconnect your device from the PC, and force it to restart the S3 Mini device. Reinstall the proper drivers for your device on the PC again and repeat the guide from the beginning.
If your device gets a boot loop, or the first boot, after you install the new update, it will take longer time than what it takes in normal circumstances. You need to reboot your smartphone into Recovery Modem and from there select “wipe data factory reset” and after that “wipe cache partition” and then choose “+++go back+++” and at the final select “reboot system now” option.
Congratulation! You have successfully learnt how to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 device with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMB3 OS.
For any issues and any help to understand this tutorial, please use our comment section, and we will try to find the best solutions to solve your confusion.