Update the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMB3 version – Manually method
If you have a Galaxy S3 device and you want to improve its performance with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean experience, then during this tutorial you will be able to update manually your S3 Mini device with the latest XXAMB3 official firmware OS. So if, you didn’t receive the OTA release on your device and you need to install manually this latest update, then this step by step tutorial will show you all the instructions necessary to do this thing.
So, for flashing the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMB3 ROM, manually on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini follow all the below steps.
The Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMB3 Operating System has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini smartphone by Samsung this month, and that’s mean this new update can be installed OTA in your device or using the KIES app for your smartphone.
Depending of the place where you bought your device, maybe the OTA update with this last update isn’t available for your device yet, and for this reason the manually procedure is the only way to have the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS installed in your device. If you don’t know how to do this thing, then this tutorial will be suitable for you.
After you installed this Android 4.1.2 XXAMB3 OS in your device all the features that the OTA update has will be available on your S3 Mini device.
The XXAMB3 OS doesn’t come with significant changes; this firmware is coming to resolve some bugs and problems that the previous versions of JB 4.1.2 were reported.
If you want to have a stable OS on your device and the latest Android OS available for your S3 Mini, then you need to follow the next guidelines.
Before to starting the how to update manually your device guide, you have to follow some prerequisites required to be applied for your device first. These prerequisites are:
- You can install this update for the rooted or powered by a custom ROM firmware smartphones.
- Backup all data which you have saved on the internal storage memory of your Galaxy S3 Mini device, this thing is necessary if something doesn’t work well and you will lose your information, then you can use this backup for restoring all your data. So in order to perform a backup then you need to save your SMS, you need to sync your contacts with the Gmail account, save your call logs, your market applications installed on your device, save your internet connection. Make a full backup of your current custom ROM installed on your device with Nandroid backup from your installed custom Recovery Image.
- You’ll need a Windows PC and the original USB cord.
- You’ll install the ODIN application on your PC, and you’ll use this program in the flashing process, without this software isn’t possible to install the update. I will give you the link where you can download the ODIN app.
- Uninstall or disable the security programs like antivirus or firewall that running on your PC and your Android device.
- Verify the level of your S3 Mini device’s battery, and charge it to have more than 70% power left.
- Enable USB debugging option to make possible connection between your device and the PC, for doing this follow the next path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”
- This manually flashing process can be applied for unrooted devices, because this is an official XXAMB3 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS.
- If you have a rooted device, when you flash your device with this official stock ROM the root access will be revoke, the bootloader will be unlock, and the warranty for your device will be restore.
- Apply this tutorial and all instructions listed here only for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I8190, don’t try to use the same for any other devices, you can end to brick them.
How to update the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 with Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMB3 OS – The manually guide.
- Download and install in your computer Samsung KIES from here, to install the proper drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S3 device. If you have already the drivers installed in your PC then you can skip this step.
- Download ODIN app from here, after you downloaded the same install it in your PC.
- Download the Update file from here.
- Extract the downloaded update file in your PC.
- Now, from your PC run the ODIN application.
- Reboot your S3 Mini smartphone into download mode, to do that you need to turn it off and reboot the smartphone in the download mode by pressing the Power, Volume Down and OK buttons simultaneous.
- Now, with your smartphone in the Download Mode, connect the device to the PC using the USB cable.
- After the connection is established, on the Odin application you should see the ID:COM is yellow or blue and in the same time the “added” message is displayed. In the other case, you need to reinstall the proper drivers for your device on your PC, and repeat the procedure from the first step.
- Now, from the ODIN app select “PDA” for updating your smartphone.
- Pick the update file and click on the “Start” button, for beginning the flashing process.
- Now, wait until the flashing process is completely end and the Odin notifies you with the “pass” message.
- Disconnect your device by removing the USB cable and after that reboot your smartphone.
Note: If during the flashing process the ODIN app gets stuck, you need to close the ODIN application, and after that to disconnect your device from the PC, and force to restart the S3 Mini device. Reinstall the proper drivers for your device on the PC again and repeat the guide from the beginning.
If your device get a boot loop, or the first boot, after you install the new update, will take longer time that in a normal way, you need to reboot your smartphone into Recovery Modem and from there select “wipe data factory reset” and after that “wipe cache partition” and then choose “+++go back+++” and at the final select “reboot system now” option.
Congratulation, you successfully learnt how to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 device with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMB3 OS.
For any issues to understand this tutorial, please use our comment section, and we will try to find the best solutions to solve your issues.