If you are an owner for the Verizon variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535, you need to know that it can now be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using the CM 10.1 custom ROM latest version.
The CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM firmware is very popular and is one of the most stable customs ROM developed by Android Open Source Project-based firmware teams.
- For installing CM 10.1, you need to have a custom recovery image such as CWM (ClockworkMod).
- Instead of the stock recovery tool, the custom recovery is required for installing the custom ROM zip.
- Backup all your important data stored on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535 device, and save your personal data, settings and applications.
- Android Source (Android.sc) cannot be liable or held responsible if during or at the end of the updating process you’ll lose any data or you’ll brick or damage your device.
- The devices battery must be charged at least 85 %, otherwise your device can get a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process.
- A computer and the original USB cable are required for this process.
- Download and install suitable USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging from the next path: Setting > Developer options > USB Debugging.
- The Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535 should be rooted and to have a custom recovery tool (CWM) installed before move next.
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) using CM 10.1.
- Download the CyanogenMod (CM) 10.1 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware file from Here.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Now, connect the Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) to the PC.
- Next, move with copy and paste all zip files downloaded at the first step to the SD card of the smartphone, do not extract them.
- Disconnect the Samsung Galaxy S3 from the PC by removing the USB cord.
- Power off your phone.
- Now, boot the Samsung Galaxy S3 into CWM recovery. For doing that press and keep holding the next combination of buttons: Volume Up + Home +Power buttons at the same time.
- Next, select “wipe data/ factory reset,” and then “Yes” after that select “wipe cache partition.” To perform a cache wipe action.
- Select “install zip from sdcard,” and after that “choose zip from sdcard.” Browse and find the copied CM 10.1 zip file and select the same, use the Power button for selecting the same.
- Now, confirm for install on the next screen.
- Wait until the flashing process is done.
- Repeat the step but for this time select Google Apps zip file for install the same.
- When the flashing process is totally done, back on the CWM recovery menu and choose the “reboot system now.”
- The device now will boot for the first time into the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 JB custom ROM firmware.
Congratulations, now you successfully learnt how to install the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on the Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535.
In case the smartphone gets stuck, on the boot or if it enters into a boot loop you have to perform a wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.