Verizon has commended releasing the Security Fix for the Blueborne threat to make Verizon Galaxy Note 4 devices safe against any malicious spasms. If you wish to understand how you can flash this new update, refer to the article below.
Blueborne Security Patch intends tofix a major Bluetooth vulnerability recently founded on Android devices. If you don’t update your device with this new patch, you will make your device moresusceptibleto remote malware attacks. Before beginning the flashing process you need to read the following guidelines:
- This guide is only meant to be used for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phones with model no. SM-N910V.
- For the updating process use ODIN app and this tool requires you to activate USB Debugging from Developer Options menu, too.
- To unlock Developer Options, go to Settings> About Device> Software Info and tap seven times on the Build Number section.
- It is possible to install the new firmware over a custom ROM, but a Factory Reset has to be applied after.
- Read the whole post and don’t skip any steps.
- Inspect battery charge level and make sure that there is at least 50% charge left before the device powers off.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Blueborne Security Fix for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
- Download the Android 6.0.1 firmware archive.
- Once download is finished, unzip the contents and save them on your PC.
- The firmware update file fetched has the “tar.md5” file extension. Don’t retrieve the tar.md5 firmware archive.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip.
- Get the contents.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot the Verizon Galaxy Note 4 in Download Mode.
- Open ODIN exe on your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to detect the device, and then move to the next step.
- If the phone is not found, then you should reinstall the Samsung USB drivers.
- Reach out to ODIN main screen and click the AP button.
- Locate and load the N910VVRU2CQI2 tar.md5 Android 6.0.1 update file. Load the file in ODIN.
- Press START to begin the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Security Fix for your Note 4 Verizon device.
- Confirm process, and don’t press any buttons until the update is done.
- When installation is done you can see the PASS alert, the phone reboots in normal mode and you can unplug it from computer.
- Use your default login info to reclaim control over your device.
The above given steps you had to finish in order to install the latest 2017 Security Patch for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Verizon device.
Below are steps to factory reset your device?
- Power off the Verizon Galaxy Note 4.
- Start it in Recovery Mode.
- Choose the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- Reboot phone in normal mode.
- If you need more help you can tell us in comments below.
For any further information or help, do connect with us by posting in the comments box below.