The official Android 7.1.1 office update is not available for the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro users.
This latest update is being released over-the-air for all C9 Pro users in India, but you can use the ODIN tool to install the latest Nougat firmware files manually. As these updates are released in stages, it denotes that not everyone will get the update at the same time.
If you are running a custom ROM on your and you wish to restore it to stock Android firmware, then this guide has everything that your go through. Read the following guidelines before starting the update:
- This guide is primarily meant for individuals who have Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo G903F devices.
- Don’t try to flash the files on any other device.
- Download the Samsung USB drivers.
- To update, use the ODIN app, and for Odin to work with your device, you will have to enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- If your phone runs 100% stock Android firmware, then you can continue to the next part of this post, as no data will be removed from the phone. In addition, any custom Recovery that you might have flashed will be replaced with stock Recovery.
- It is possible to install the Android 7.1.1 update over custom ROMs, but you will need to Factory Reset the device.
- Read the entire tutorial and don’t skip any steps.
- Make sure to charge your battery with minimum should be atleast 50% to avoid turning off of the device.
How to install Android 7.1.1 Update for Indian Samsung Galaxy C9 PRO:
- Download the Nougat OS firmware update archive.
- Once the download is complete, extract the archived contents and save them on your PC.
- you will obtain the C900FDDU1BQK1 firmware files: BL, AP, CP, Home_CSC, and CSC; all files are packed in a tar.md5 extension, don’t extract them.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip.
- Unzip the files.
- Turn off the phone.
- Start it in Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down + Power + Home until the Download Mode screen loads, then press Volume Up to confirm download mode.
- Run Odin exe on your PC.
- Connect the Galaxy C9 Pro device to computer via USB cable.
- Wait for the phone to be added.
- if the device is not detected you need to reinstall the USB drivers.
- In ODIN you now have to load the Nougat 7.1.1 firmware update files, the ones extracted at step 2.
- click BL and load the C900FDDU1BQK1 file with BL in its name.
- click CP and load the C900FDDU1BQK1 file with CP in the name.
- click AP and load C900FDDU1BQK1 AP file.
- click CSC and load the HOME_CSC C900FDDU1BQK1 file. (Don’t load the one with only CSC in its name).
- Continue to the next as you’re ready for the update.
- Click START to begin Android 7.1.1 update installation.
- don’t press any buttons until the update is done flashing.
- After the update process is finished successfully you can reboot the device in normal mode.
- The update is finished when the PASS message is displayed.
- Detach the device from PC when the install is done and wait for the boot to finish.