Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 has recently received the new Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS and numerous users who installed this new firmware want to obtain the root access on their new OS.
That’s why we will teach you today how to obtain the root access for Samsung Galaxy S4–I9505 device on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS (I9505XXUFNA1) thanks to famed developer named Chainfire, who provides us for this time a great Auto-Root package.
This presented root process is time tested and safe, but if you’ve decided to root our device you need to do this at your own risk. We present this step by step guide only for educational and instructional purposing and we, Android Source team cannot be held liable or responsible for any data lost or damage to your device by using this guide.
Before to apply the root instructions for the S4 GT-I9505 device you need to follow some prerequisites listed below:
- This step by step guide and all files listed here work with Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 running firmware I9505XXUFNA1 the international only. Do not use this guide for any other incorrect device, you might damage or brick your device easily.
- Download the Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root pack from here (SuperSU included).
- Download and install the Samsung Android USB drivers on your PC.
- Ensure that enable the USB Debugging on the Galaxy S4 device.
- Download the ODIN 3 application from here.
- Now, backup all your important data stored into device’s internal memory. You need to save your SMS, MMS, call logs history, sync your contacts with your Google Account, create a full Nandroid backup for your existent ROM and save all your data that you think is important for you.
- Ensure that you have more than 85 % battery power left on the S4 device.
How to root Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S4 device:
- Firstly, download the Chainfire Auto-Root package from above and save it in your PC.
- Secondly, download ODIN 3 app from above and save it in your computer.
- Thirty, power off your S4 device
- Now, boot it into Download Mode (Press and keep holding the volume down and power button in the same time, and then follow the on-screen instructions to entering into Download Mode).
- Open ODIN application on your computer.
- Connect the S4 device while it is in Download Mode, by using the USB cable.
- Now, wait until the ODIN application recognizes the device, when the S4 device is properly connected there you’ll see one of the COM boxes colored yellow and the COM Port number displayed.
- Next, in ODIN application click on PDA button and select the downloaded CF-Auto-Root file.
- Important: Check if the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked in Odin application. Do not make other supplementary settings in ODIN.
- Now, press the Start button on ODIN when you are ready.
- The process should starting and take hardly a minute and after that the S4 device will entering into recovery and set the SuperSU application.
Congratulation, the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 device, is now rooted, and you can have the full access on its operating system files.
For any other supplementary questions, you can use our comments section from below.