The Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo is a mid-range Android based device at an affordable price. If you own the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo and want to improve its performance, read this post.
Thanks to Xda-developers that developed a one-click-root solution for the Galaxy J1 Ace Neo, now you have the opportunity to gain root access on your device by using this new root exploit. This guide can be safely used even by inexperienced users.
After reading this post, you can improve the performance of your phone and manage to bump up its speeds, upgrade the battery power and modify, optimize and personalize everything else. But once the root access is ensured on your device, the Android core system powering your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo will be unlocked and all the factory and default restrictions removed.
Among custom operations that can be applied on a rooted device, we can mention: installing a custom recovery image, removing bloatware, making a Nandroid backup, installing root-only apps from Play Store will be possible on your phone. But enhanced features come at a cost, Samsung KNOX will be tripped and you will lose your device’s warranty.
First, before resuming the steps from below, backup your data and save everything that you can use afterward because, during the root operation, your data might get corrupted or wiped out. You can use various backup and restore techniques to save your personal data and system files such as contacts, texts, call logs, calendar info, internet settings, market apps, saved passwords, the EFS folder, images, videos and audio files or IMEI / NVRAM data.
Before starting the tutorial itself, you should make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Apply this step by step guide only on the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo J111M/ J111F model number.
- You will need a computer to save the required files and install Odin, the tool that will be used during the root process.
- On your computer install the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo USB drivers. You can install the drivers by using the Samsung KIES toolkit.
- On your smartphone you must enable Developer Options menu, for that go to Settings -> About phone and tap seven times repeatedly on the Built Number, until you see the ‘you are a developer’ message. Then, from Settings -> Developer options you need to check the USB Debugging and OEM Unlock option.
- Make sure your device is charged and has more than 50% power left, otherwise you risk in soft bricking it and various software related might be produced if it gets turned off in the middle of the rooting process.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo
1. On your computer download from here the Odin program and unzip the package; install the program by following the on-screen prompts.
2. Download the root package from here also on the computer and save this file on the desktop; unzip the root file on a separate folder.
3. Connect your Galaxy J1 Ace Neo device to your computer using the USB cable.
4. Run the Root-En.exe executable file, from the root folder.
5. If you haven’t installed the device’s drivers on your computer type y (Yes) and then press Enter.
6. On the next window, tap the checkbox and select Accept.
7. Your device should be detected by the computer. When this process is completed, Odin will begin to run.
8. From Odin select the AP option.
9. Go to the root folder and load the boot.tar file.
10. Next, from Odin click on Start and wait while the installing process is completed.
11. In the end, Odin will display the ‘Pass’ message.
12. Unplug the USB cable and reboot your smartphone.
13. Then, from your smartphone navigate to Menu -> Apps -> SuperSU.
14. In the next prompt, choose to Accept and Update Binaries.
15. Once that process is completed, reboot your smartphone once more.
Now, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy J1 Ace Neo device.