Android 7.0 Nougat Blueborne security patch is now easily available for all the Samsung Galaxy S6 Egde+ International devices. To check how you can successfully flash the new firmware manually, refer to the instructions given in this post below.
The Blueborne threat was founded a while back, and it has been now ascertained that it leaves an impact on both computers and mobile devices. If you wish to keep your smartphone protected against any malicious bout, it is necessary to flash the latest Android 7.0 firmware.
Blueborne gives an upper hand to hackers by allowing them connect and take control over your smartphone remotely. They can easily gain access to your phone without your permission by using the Bluetooth connection, as your phone will accept to pair with another device without any confirmation. So, if you want to fix this, then you should complete the update to be safe against any hacking attempt.
Blueborne Security Patch intends to fix a major Bluetooth vulnerability recently founded on Android devices. If you don’t update your device with this new patch, you will make your device more susceptible to remote malware attacks. Before beginning the flashing process you need to read the following guidelines:
- This guide is only meant to be used for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phones with model no. SM-N910V.
- For the updating process use ODIN app, and this tool requires you to activate USB Debugging from Developer Options menu, too.
- To unlock Developer Options, go to Settings> About Device> Software Info and tap seven times on the Build Number section.
- It is possible to install the new firmware over a custom ROM, but a Factory Reset has to be applied after.
- Read the whole post and don’t skip any steps.
- Inspect battery charge level and make sure that there is at least 50% charge left before the device powers off.
You can yourself check for new files by going to Settings> Software Update> Download Updates Manually. If a new firmware is available to download, just confirm the update and your device will go through the process.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Blueborne Security Fix for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928F::
- Download the Android 7.0 G928FXXS3CQI4 firmware archive.
- Once download is finished, unzip the contents and save them on your PC.
- The firmware update file fetched has the G928FXXS3CQI4 “tar.md5” file extension. Don’t retrieve the tar.md5 firmware archive.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip.
- Get the contents.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot the Verizon Galaxy Note 4 in Download Mode.
- Open ODIN exe on your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to detect the device, and then move to the next step.
- If the phone is not found, then you should reinstall the Samsung USB drivers.
- Reach out to ODIN main screen and click the AP button.
- Locate and load the G928FXXS3CQI4 tar.md5 firmware file. Load the file in ODIN.
- Press START to begin the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Security Fix for your Note 4 Verizon device.
- Confirm process, and don’t press any buttons until the update is done.