The official Android 7.1.1 testing build is live for developers preview and you can learn how to flash this on your Nexus 5X smartphone. You should also know that Android 7.1.1 official NPF10C Factory Image can be easily flashed by adb sideloading the files. In case your phone Nexus 5X has 100% stock 7.0 Nougat, enroll the device in the Android Beta Program. Click here to enroll in the Android Beta Program
If your Nexus 5X runs 100% stock Android 7.0 Nougat, then you can enroll the device in Android Beta Program, and the Nougat 7.1.1 image build will be installed by your smartphone automatically. Click here to enroll in Android Beta Program.
- Never ever think of using the process described above to use for Google Nexus 5X smartphones. Don’t flash any file for any other Android device. Enable USB Debugging, OEM Unlock from Developer Options menu.
- Go to Settings > Click Developer Options to open it, search USB Debugging and enable it, also look for OEM Unlocking and enable it too.
- You should be aware that Android 7.1 Factory image installation will remove all phone data and custom recovery image will be replaced by stock recovery image. You will also lose out the root access.
- Make sure that battery is fully charged.
- Don’t skip any step.
Now it’s time to move to the next part of the phone.
How to Flash Android 7.1.1 Factory Image Nougat for Nexus 5X
Setup Android SDK on your PC and to do that download Android SDK from here and install it. After that, go to SDK manager app and start it, You can also use SDK Manager to download all necessary packages with USB drivers attached with it.
After that move to SDK installation directory and search for platform tools folder to copy the installation files. If the Google Nexus 5X fails to be detected by the computer, you will have to reinstall Google USB driver. To do that click here: https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html
How To Install Android 7.1.1 Factory Image
In the first stage, you should download Android 7.1.1 NPF10C factory image archive, click here: https://developer.android.com/preview/download-ota.html#top
Unzip the archived files and save them to platform-tools folder which you can get during setting up the Android SDK. After that power off your phone and boot your Nexus 5X in the fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable. If your phone is not detected by PC, download USB drivers.
- Now move to platform-tools folder and launch a command prompt window to verify whether the device has been detected or not. Now unlock the bootloader and write this line: fastboot flashing unlock and confirm the unlocking process. After that, move to platform-tools folder and launch the Flash-all.batinstaller script. Confirm it and wait for the process to complete successfully.
- It will automatically reboot once the process is done. Detach the phone and PC after that.
Follow the above instructions without missing any step and in case the installation process fails, repeat the process described above. If anything wrong happens during the process, Android Source team will not be responsible for that. To avoid such scenario, perform these steps in the guidance of some expert. In case if you have problem, make a comment in the comment box given below.