Samsung is rolling out new security update for its Galaxy S6 Edge devices in Canada. And in a matter of few days, you will get notification and update will be available through OTA. In case, you don’t want to wait then we are giving a manual process to upgrade your Galaxy S6 Edge. You should use this guide only when you are ready to restore the Galaxy S6 Edge to 100% stock Android from a custom ROM. Follow these guidelines before starting the flashing process:
Before starting the flashing process you need to check the following guidelines:
- This process is applicable only for Galaxy S6 Edge sold in Canada only and not for the other devices. The model of your phone has to be the SM – G925W8.
- Don’t use the tutorial for other different devices.
- Download Samsung USB drivers and install it on your PC.
- You need ODIN app for the update process, and for it to work you need to install the above the USB drivers,
- You need to gain root access in your device but root access won’t survive the update process.
- You can install the new official update over a custom ROM, but you will need to Factory Reset the device in the process.
- If your phone runs 100% stock Android firmware, then you won’t lose any data files in the process and you can get straight to the updating steps below.
If you are not an advance user do not perform the process as this guide is to be used by advanced users only. Otherwise, your device may be bricked and we cannot guarantee any loss of data
How to install Android 7 Nougat November 2017 Update for Canadian Galaxy S6 Edge G925W8
- Download the Android 7 update file from the link here.
Chose the right file made for your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- When the download is done you can extract the contents from the archive.
You should obtain the G925W8VLS4CQK1 BL, CP, AP, HOME_CSC firmware tar.md5 update files. Don’t extract these files.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here and unzip the contents.
- Power off the phone and boot it in Download Mode.
- Launch Odin exe and connect the phone to PC through USB cable and wait for Odin to add the device.
- If the phone is not added you have to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers once more.
- Open ODIN and load the new firmware update files.
Click BL and load the G925W8VLS4CQK1 tar.md5 file with BL in the name.
Click AP and load the G925W8VLS4CQK1 tar.md5 file with AP in the name.
Click CP and load G925W8VLS4CQK1 tar.md5 file with CP in the name.
Click CSC and load G925W8VLS4CQK1 tar.md5 file with HOME_CSC in the name.
Don’t load the CSC-only file, as that one will delete all the data from your device.
- When you’re ready and you’ve loaded all the above files; you can confirm the update by pressing START.
- Don’t press any buttons until the update process is done installing.