A new custom ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3. This is named as Vanilla RootBox 3.9.1 custom ROM. In this article, we will teach you how to install this new custom ROM based on Android 4.2.2 on your Galaxy device. So make sure you understand all the following instructions and don’t skip any step from this tutorial.
The Vanilla RootBox 3.9.1 custom ROM has been created by an XDA member and an advanced developer named Bajee11, and with this article we want to thank them for offering us this opportunity to share this masterly work with all the users of this device.
As you probably know, the Vanilla RootBox is one of the most popular custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S3 device and with this article you’ll be able to install it on your S3 device. The developer has fixed a lot of bugs and errors with this version.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- This article and all instructions listed here are compatible and must be used only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300.
- The Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300 has to be a rooted device and to have a custom Recovery image installed on it, we will use CWM Recovery for this tutorial.
- We must take the full back-up of your actual installed ROM, to do this create a NANDROID back-up using the CWM recovery tool.
- During this tutorial, you need to wipe the data and to perform a factory reset for your device, you need to back-up all your critical data stored on your device’ internal memory. Back-up data like SMS, for that you can use the SMS back-up and restore app. Perform a back-up for your Call Logs using the Call Logs back-up and Restore app, also the APN Settings with the APN Settings Back-up and restore, save your installed applications using the AppBack for Android.
- Your data from the device’ external SD card won’t be deleted during the flashing process.
- If this new custom Vanilla RootBOX JB based on Android 4.2.2 doesn’t work like you want, or you simply don’t like it much, you can use the NANDROID back-up that you created previously to restore your previous ROM.
- You need to back-up your contacts, and to do this you can use the Synchronization of contacts with your Gmail Account.
- Verify your device’ battery and be sure you have enough power left in it. Make sure your device doesn’t face forced shut down while going through the flashing process.
- All the instructions and information listed here are only for educational and instructional purposes. The android.sc team can’t be blames or held liable in case you lose data or you get your device damaged during the flashing process.
- We recommend you to create a NANDROID back-up to be able to restore your previous ROM.
How to flash Vanilla RootBox Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 device:
- Firstly, download the Vanilla custom ROM from HERE and save this file on your PC. Don’t extract its contents, only save it.
- Secondly, download the Gapps compatible with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS from HERE and save it on your computer. This pack will install all the Google based applications.
- Now, connect your S3 device to the PC, using your USB cable.
- Move both the downloaded files to your S3 device’ internal SD card without extracting the archives components.
- After you copied the files, disconnect the S3 device from the PC.
- Power off your device and after that boot into CWM Recovery mode. To do that press the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously and release the buttons when the CWM Recovery mode menu is fully displayed.
- From the CWM Recovery menu select the ‘back-up and restore’ option and choose to create a NANDROID back-up of your actual ROM. This back-up will represent a restore point, in case you need to restore your actual ROM, if your device won’t boot after you installed the Vanilla custom ROM.
- From the CWM Recovery menu select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option, and after that confirm this action.
- Now, select ‘install zip from SDcard’ and then ‘choose zip from SDcard’ and find the RootBox ROM copied zip file and confirm that you want to flash it.
- After the Vanilla RootBox has been installed completely, you need to install the Gapp in your S3 device. To do that you need to select once again the “choose zip from SDcard’ option once again. Find the copied Gapp zip file and after that install it.
- Now, go back to the main menu of the CWM Recovery Mode and from there select ‘reboot system now’, this option will restart your smartphone.
- Now, you need to wait for completing the first boot process which will take around 6 minutes. After your device loads the new custom ROM, you need to join your Google account, and now you can enjoy your new Vanilla RootBox custom ROM installed on your SGS 3 smartphone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Been ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Note: If, the new Vanilla RootBox custom ROM doesn’t work or you don’t like it, you can restore your previous ROM using the NANDROID Back-up that you have been created previously.
Please use our comment section, in case you have supplementary questions. We feel elated to get all kinds of feedbacks.