Essential PH-1 is a great device smartphone. However, if you really want to unleash its full potential and its performance, you may need to tweak a few things first. Here the function tweaking means unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery image and gaining root access. And since the first two procedures were already described here on Android.gs, let’s get to know how you can perform root on your own Essential PH-1.
Before performing the rooting process, it is advisable to understand the advantages of using a rooted Android OS, about the risks implied by this custom operation and about the necessary pre-requisites that must be finished first. Therefore, before doing anything else, check all the lines from this step by step guide.
The root process is basically an unlockingfunction that is meant to let users gain more control over the Android basic system that operates on the Essential PH-1. More control simply means more power which can be used only in one way: you can decide on how to customize, optimize and personalize the Android OS. Hence, you can speed things up, upgrade battery life and tweak the Android firmware depending on what you want to obtain during specific situations.
In general, root access eliminates the factory and default limitations which are still there. Therefore, now you can totally unlock your Essential PH-1. And eventually, you can enablegreat tweaking possibilities. Here are a few examples of operations that can be initiated on a rooted OS: you can update your smartphone with custom ROMs that are based on the Android 8.0 Oreo firmware (such as Lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android), you can add custom kernels and MODs, you can overclock or undervolt CPU frequencies, you can install root-only apps, you can install apps from other sources than Google Play and you can also enjoy features that cannot be located on the stock Android software.
How to Root the Essential PH-1
- On your PC, download the Magiskapk. Next, download the modified boot image for your device – for the NMJ32F version or for the NMJ20D model. You can download these files from the developer official webpage.
- Store these files on desktop.
- Now, power on your smartphone and attach it with your PC via USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files inside your devic4e and when finished remove the USB cord – the computer is no longer needed.
- Next, switch off your device and enter recovery mode afterwards.
- From recovery tap on Install, pick the Magiskapk and flash it (just swipe and the flashing process will be automatically completed).
- Redo this step and install the modified boot image for your Essential PH-1.
- When finished, go to main menu of recovery and tap on Reboot.
- If a boot loop is the reason, go back to recovery and do a wipe (clear app data cache and initiate a hard reset); that can be performed by choosing “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”.