The LG Stylo 3 Plus is pre-loaded with the Android 7.0 Nougat OS and offers a decent performance and speed even after being a mid-range smartphone. Yet, it’s unlikely to receive the Android 8.0 Oreo update, so you should tweak if you are an advanced user and want to unleash the potential of your LG Stylo 3 Plus.
You can start the process by unlocking the bootloader of your device by following our step to step guide from below. This will prepare the software of your smartphone for further customizations. Unlocking the bootloader of your LG Stylo 3 Plus device is the first step in the process to unlock the Android system and apply custom operation such as installing a custom recovery image or a custom ROM firmware.
A bootloader is a non-removable software pre-installed on your smartphone by LG and its function is to load start-up programs and the Android system every time you reboot your device. It has pre-installed protocols to restrict third-party access, so you will have to unlock it if you are looking to gain further control. Later you can install TWRP recovery and root your LG Stylo 3 Plus.
Because, unlocking a built-in program is not an official maneuver, some risks are implied. Once you start to apply the bootloader unlocking process you will lose your LG Stylo 3 Plus warranty.
Before starting the process, you should backup your LG Stylo 3 Plus, though the data saved on your smartphone should remain safe during the unlock operation.
In order to carry out the process you’ll need a computer along with its USB cable and the Developer Options enabled on your phone. You can enable the Developer Options menu by tapping repeatedly on the Built Number. Then, you must check the USB Debugging and the OEM Unlock options found under the Developer Options menu.
Another important aspect is to make sure your LG Stylo 3 Plus device is sufficiently charged as it may switch off during the unlocking process if the battery is under 50%.
Follow below steps only for LG Stylo 3 Plus and do not use the tutorial with any other Android device.
How to Unlock the Bootloader of LG Stylo 3 Plus smartphone
- On your computer, install the Android SDK and the LG Stylo 3 Plus drivers.
- Inside the Android SDK folder open a command window (press and hold the Shift keyboard key while right clicking on any blank space and select “open command prompt here”).
- Power on your LG device and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
- In the command window enter “adb reboot bootloader”. Your device will be rebooted into Bootloader Mode.
- In the same command window type “fastbootOEM unlock”.
- Now, the bootloader of your LG Stylo 3 Plus will be unlocked.
- When the unlocking process is completed unplugs the USB cable and reboots the smartphone.
- You can verify if the bootloader of your LG Stylo 3 Plus is unlocked by rebooting it intofastboot mode.
If you experience some issues on your device, try making a wipe by going into recovery mode and selecting: “wipe data factory reset’, ‘wipe cache partition’ and ‘wipe Dalvik cache’.