It is difficult to choose a specific custom ROM due to the availability of many custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S3 device.There are numerous unofficial custom ROMs coming with bugs and they can cause issues for your Android Jelly Bean operating System.
This new custom ROM named Omega v 34 is a tested custom ROM. It is a stable version. This ROM is based on the XXELK4 platform (Jelly Bean 4.1.2). This ROM is provided and developed by the Omega team, and we want to thank them for this great work.
- The flashing process is a complex operation and it is extremely important to make a full backup for the actual ROM.
- If you have the backups files, you’re sure not to lose the data if something goes wrong.
- To get the backup, you can read How to backup your Android device data to the cloud.
- After you made the backup, you need to have a root access in your Galaxy S3 device.
- If you don’t have the root access, you can’t flash the Omega custom ROM on your S3 device.
- Don’t forget that when you root your device the warranty will be void. When the rooting process is done, you need to install in your S3 device a custom recovery image.
- You will need a PC with windows OS installed on it. This will be used to make the connection between the PC and the SGS3 device.
- Deactivate the security protection (firewall, antivirus) on devices, PC and smartphone as these programs can interfere with the installation process.
- Enable the USB debugging option from the next path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Charge the battery to the full level to be sure your device will don’t get a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process.
How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Omega v34 Custom ROM firmware
- Download the with Omega v34 Custom ROM firmware from here and save the file in your PC.
- Connect the smartphone with the PC using the USB cable.
- Place the downloaded file in your smartphone’s SD card.
- After the downloaded files are placed into smartphone’s SD card, disconnect the smartphone from the PC.
- Turn off the smartphone and after that reboot the S3 device in recovery mode.
- Now in the download mode, from the CWM recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- This will apply a full wipe and be sure before make this step you have a full backup for your data.
- Select “+++go back+++” and go to the main menu.
- Now from there select the “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Search the downloaded file from the SD card and install the Omega Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware update on your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone. The flashing process will take a couple of minutes, just wait until the process is done.
- After the flashing process is done, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Note: The first boot will take a long period than a normal booting, so have patience.
Test the new custom ROM and if you don’t like it use the CWM recovery image and restore the stock ROM.
Use our comment section, if you’re in the face with some issues, and we will make all best help you
Congratulations, you successfully learnt how to install on your Galaxy S3 smartphone the Omega v34 Android 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware.