Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE devices are quite trending worldwide. For all its users, there is a good news. Now, the new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OTA Firmware update can be installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7 105.
We have brought a step-by-step guide for all of you. This tutorial is for all advanced users. If you don’t have relevant experience, don’t experiment this.
This guide is necessary when you didn’t receive the official OTA Update Android 4.3 JB notification on your NOTE 2 LTE notification panel, and you want to use a manual guide to install the new update (Android 4.3 XXUEMK5).
Also, another possibility is, to check if the new update is available for the phone that uses the Samsung’s KIES Software. So check for the new updates yourself, but this method will work only for those devices that are running a stock ROM.
This step-by-step instructional guide is useful when you want to install this latest update, and the Note 2 LTE device is running on custom ROM and the automatically OTA notification and Samsun KIES application don’t notify your phone with any new software.
Before starting the step-by-step flashing guide, you first need to follow some
- This step by step guide is provided and works for the Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 LTE model number N7105 model only. Don’t try to use the guide for any other devices otherwise you may get it damaged.
- If the device is on stock ROM, it would be best for you to verify, if a new version of update is available for downloading and installing via Settings>More>About Phone and then Software Updates menu also.
- You can search for the new update files by using Samsung KIES software.
- If the device is a rooted one, but it doesn’t have a custom ROM installed on it, and you want to use this guide to install this new Android 4.3 XXUEMK5 Firmware file, the root access will be revoked. But it won’t delete any files from the smartphone device.
- If the Galaxy Note 2 device is a rooted one and it has a custom ROM installed on it, the system partition of the device will be wiped during the installation process. (The internal/external SD cards won’t be wiped by the flashing process).
- The suitable USB drivers are necessary to be downloaded and installed on your PC; you can also download them from here.
- From Developer Options menu, enable the USB Debugging mode. (In case the Developer Options menu doesn’t appear, all you should do is to open the ‘About Phone’ section and find in Build Number and tap seven times on it.
- After the Developer Option menu is displayed, you can enable the USB Debugging mode.
- Don’t skip any step listed in this post and remember that: This is a step-by-step guide especially created for educational and instructional use only. Once you start flashing it on your mobile, don’t blame us, in case you either lose or damage any data.
- Ensure that the device’ charged battery level remains more than 65 %. This minimum level of power is necessary, if you don’t want to receive a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process.
How to install the official Android 4.3 XXUEMK5 Jelly Bean OTA firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE device:
- First, download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (N7105XXUEMK5 firmware zip file available for Nordic Countries) from here. Note: This file will work with all international Note 2 LTE devices.
- Now, extract the downloaded N7105XXUEMK5 zip file contents and place all files in a single folder on your PC desktop.
- Next, download the ODIN 3 v3.09 from here and extract its contents in a single folder.
- Turn off the device now totally. Removing the device battery and re-insert the battery back after five seconds pass into its place.
- Open the ODIN 3.09 Exe file on the PC.
- Now, boot the device in Download Mode, to do this press and keep holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneous, when the Warring message is displayed,release the buttons and Volume Up to entering Download Mode boot menu.
- Connect the smartphone by using the USB cord to connect it to the computer.
- Now, wait the smartphone to be detected by the ODIN software. If the ODIN isn’t recognize the device then re-install the USB drivers once again.
- Click the PDA button of ODIN software.
- Next, browse and load the
- Now, load N7105XXUEMK5_N7105NEEEMK1_N7105XXUEMJ9_HOME.tar. file in Odin application.
- Important: do not edit other Odin settings and make sure that the Re-Partition option is not enabled.
- Now, press the START button and wait for the new Android 4.3 JB file to be complete installed.
- When the new official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS is flashed the ODIN application will display the ‘PASS’ message and the smartphone will get an automatically restart in Normal Mode.
- Now, remove the USB cable from the computer when the Normal Mode appears.
That was the all steps you had to follow in order to complete the manual OTA Update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. If you have issues with the installation process, then you should take in consideration the troubleshooting guide from below.
Note1: If the ODIN freezes and the FAIL message appears and for any other reason the flashing method fails, then you should do:
- Close the Odin application
- Disconnect the smartphone from PC
- Turn off the device by removing the phone’s battery
- Re-insert the battery in its location
- Repeat the entire step-by-step guide once again
NOTE 2: If ODIN passed the installation process, but the smartphone does not go past the first Samsung boot animation then you should to a forced ‘factory reset’.
This factory process will delete all data from the device system partition; the internal/external storage will not be affected. To do this factory reset for the Galaxy Note 2 your need to follow these steps:
- Turn off the device by removing its battery and then after five seconds reinsert the battery in its location.
- Ensure that the smartphone is not connected with the PC
- Boot the device into Recovery Mode menu by pressing and holding the Volume UP, Home and Power buttons, when the stock Recovery menu appears release the buttons
- Now, from the displayed stock Recovery Mode screen select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm the action
- When the factory reset task is done, select the ‘reboot system now’ option
- After several minutes, the smartphone will load the new Android 4.3 operating system
Congratulation, the new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS, is running on the Galaxy Note 2 LTE device.
For any other supplementary questions, please don’t hesitate to use our comment section from below.