For the Galaxy S2 I9100 owners, your smartphone can be updated with the AOKP JB Build 5 ROM. We will teach you how to update your device Galaxy S2 I9100 with this new custom ROM. The AOKP JB Build 5 ROM has been developed by the Android Open Kang Project.
For get a right flashing with this latest custom ROM you should carefully read the pre-requisites.
Below we have the list of pre-requisites:
This flash AOKP JB Build 5 custom ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
- Don’t try to use this guide for other Android devices.
- To flash the new custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 device, it is required to be rooted and CWM Recovery image installed on it.
- Create a full NANDROID backup for your current Android Operating System for that use CWM Recovery or ROM Manager.
- To save your personal data we recommend using a list of application:
- Another step is to enable USB Debugging option this option is available on Android Development menu.
- Check if the battery is sufficiently charged enough to avoid unexpected downtime.
- Do not use this guide if you are a beginner android user.
- Reread and follow all steps carefully before starting flashing procedure.
Warning: This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to update Galaxy S2 I9100 with AOKP JB Build 5 ROM-tutorial
- First, download AOKP zip file on your PC (do not extract its contents)
- Then Download the Gapps for Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware on your PC.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 using the original USB cable.
- Copy the both downloaded files in the internal SD smartphone card. When the files are completely copied on the internal SD card, you can disconnect the smartphone from the PC.
- Now power off your smartphone and after that boot into CWM Recovery mode.
- This boot into CWM Recovery mode is possible if you press the same time ‘volume up’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ buttons, until the screen flashes and you can release the buttons.
- Select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and after confirm this.
- Select the ‘install zip from sdcard’ and after that select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Find the AOKP JB Build 5 ROM zip file and approve the installation.
- When the AOKP JB Build 5 ROM is successfully installed on your device, go and select the ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option. choose Gapps zip file and install it.
- Return to the main CWM Recovery screen and select ‘reboot system now’.
- The final step is to join your Google account when the home screen is showed.
Note: If you have problems with your device to don’t boot normally after install this custom ROM, power off the device and go to remove the battery and after that reinsert the battery.
Now you learnt how to install AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 based on Android 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.