If you love your present handset, only by updating some application you can enjoy the benefits of a new device. Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 device users are being considered as a happy lot as they have got a new Android update, a new OTA update in Russia.
The new update is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean platform, and it is named XXUBMH4. The new release comes as minor bug fixrs and it also helps to attain some improvements on the system.
The actual step-by-step guide is a manual flash method which is assisting the Galaxy S2 Plus users how to manually install the latest XXUBMH4 firmware in their device, in case they didn’t receive the notification as of now.
The tutorial should also be used by the S2 Plus owners who have a rooted device. As you probably know that, on a rooted device the OTA updates cannot be received and automatically installed.
This tutorial also works in both S2 Plus device, rooted and non-rooted devices.
For applying the latest update, we will use the ODIN software which is a flashing tool developed by Samsung, which means that to install the firmware the root rights or the CWM recovery image in the S2 Plus device is not required.
Applying the latest official Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMH4 firmware, you will restore the warranty for the rooted devices and also the root rights will be revoked.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus device will be restored to its default state, and the new official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware will be running on it.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- Back-up all your personal data stored into device’ internal memory, also back-up the store applications and custom settings from the device. This is a manual method, and you can never be too careful when it comes to your personal data and information from your device, so a full back-up is recommended.
- The ODIN application is compatible only with the Windows operating system, so we will use Windows based PC for installing the new update.
- Disable or deactivate all the security protection from both device and the PC, programs as Firewall and Antivirus can interfere with the flashing process and to interrupt the same in the middle of the update operation.
- The S2 Plus device must be charged enough, so make sure the device’ battery has more than 70 % power left in it.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode from the following path: “Settings>Applications>Development >USB debugging”
- Note that the actual guide works only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus model number I9105. Don’t apply this manual guide and the latest Official JB 4.2.2 OS with XXUBMH4 Firmware on different variants otherwise this may damage your device.
- Make sure that you download Samsung Kies application and install the suitable USB drivers for the S2 Plus device on the PC.
How manually Update Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 to Official JB 4.2.2 OS with XXUBMH4 Firmware
- Download the latest official JB 4.2.2 XXUBMH4 Firmware from here, save it in the PC.
- Unzip the downloaded file on desktop folder from PC.
- Download ODIN app, save it on PC, unzip it and install the same on computer.
- Launch Odin on PC.
- Power off the S2 Plus device and make sure the device is totally turned off, wait few seconds.
- Boot the S2 Plus device into Download mode by pressing the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons simultaneous.
- Now, connect the device with the PC via USB cable.
- Make sure that into Odin app’s interface, the “added” message is displayed and the ID:COM section is colored yellow or blue. If not you need to do: close Odin, disconnect the USB cable, then reinstall the USB drivers and repeat the steps from above once again until all the steps and the ODIN messages is working as explained.
- Next, select the “PDA” option from ODIN.
- Important: the Re-partition and f.reset time sections must be unchecked.
- After pressing on PDA, browse the downloaded and extracted file and pick the firmware file from desktop folder into PC.
- From ODIM press on “start”.
- Wait until the installation process is done and the “pass” message is displayed together with ID:COM section colored in green.
- Disconnect the S2 Plus device from PC.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus device.
If the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus device gets stuck into a boot loop, then you need to do:
- Reboot the device into recovery mode.
- From the recovery mode select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to recovery main menu.
- Select “reboot system now”.
That’s all, now you successfully learned how to manually install the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus model number I9105.
Verify the installed firmware dubbed as XXUBMH4 from the next path:
“settings -> about phone -> firmware version”
For any other supplementary questions don’t hesitate to use our comment section below.