The current generation of smart phone users knows quite well the popularity of the Samsung Galaxy S III. In the recent past there has been intense comparison between this phone and the iPhone 5. And Korean giant has turned out to be favourable as it sells fast across the world.
The only lacunae found in this Samsung set its operating system which is currently based on Android 4.0.4 ICS.
By October this year the phone will have Jelly Bean update. Until then, Samsung has elapsed, in good faith or not, some Jelly Bean updates ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S III.
A recent version seems to be i9300XXDLI4, which till now seems the most stable as it has shown the fewest bugs so far. As I said, it is not an official version and so installing i9300XXDLI4 ROM can void the warranty.
The improvements this update can bring to the phone are:
Wi-Fi reception is improved
Lighting problems were solved
A faster battery charging
App Drawer much smoother
Apps open really fast
Very Fast and Smooth functioning
All major shortcomings of earlier versions seem to have resolved in this release i9300XXDLI4 stable ROM. Despite this some minor bugs may exist.
The Firmware details:
Android version : 4.1.1-JRO03C-Jelly Bean.
Change list: 140034
Build Date: 7th September 2012
You can see in the screenshots, for finding i9300XXDLI4 ROM like pictures, you need to be sure before starting flashing procedure:
- The first step is to download firmware from sammobile link
- Check it has downloaded successfully.
- Unzip the archive in a convenient place for the next step.
- In this step, run Odin 3.04 program found in the extracted files.
- When you have done this, you need to restart your Galaxy S3 phone in download mode.
- To do this, press the power button and hold it until the loading screen appears first: Home, Volume Down button and power button.
- Once yours Galaxy S III phone has successfully rebooted in the download mode, we need now to connect your smartphone to the computer using original data cable.
- Now check and see if in the Odin program a yellow sign appeared in the top left corner.
- Now you need to click on the PDA button in Odin and select the file name.
I9300XXDLI4_I9300OXADLI4_I9300XXDLI4_HOME.tar.md5, on the folder, where you extracted archived downloaded files earlier.
- Please make sure that none of the ticks on the buttons in Odin have been messed up with and also make sure that the repartition button is NOT ticked.
- In the final stage, you have to press the power button and be patient as the program does its job.
- Don’t unplug the device during the process in any condition. Just wait for your Galaxy S III phone to be rebooted and the Odin program will tell it is done.
Congratulations! This was the all update procedure.